Our World - Underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Juls64:
What/where is that?

France Park is a state park in Northwest Indiana about 1.5 hrs from Chicago. Max depth is ~20ft. Vis in Dec was ~ 5ft.

Capt MIke,
Two questions:
ru Lake County Divers Supply?
Isn't Tom and Linda from Kokomo, IN?

hantzu701:
France Park is a state park in Northwest Indiana about 1.5 hrs from Chicago. Max depth is ~20ft. Vis in Dec was ~ 5ft.

THANKS!

How does anyone feel about a multi-board surface interval? For the past few years, I've helped organize a get together of folks from one of the other boards, do you think the two groups could get along for an evening? My guess is that it would be a good time, we're all going to be so buzzed from the neoprene smell that it will be nothing but happy faces.

Traditionally, the gang has gathered on Saturday at 5:00 for a couple of hours at the end of the day, prior to the film show, at Knuckles in the Hyatt. It's always been a good time, with anywhere from 15 to 45 people showing up. The service at the Hyatt can be horrible and we're looking at alternatives for this year, but it will be someplace close to the convention center. Some folks head over to the film show after a beverage or two and some stick together for dinner, it's a very casual thing.

Any interest?

hantzu701:

Capt MIke,
Two questions:
ru Lake County Divers Supply?
Isn't Tom and Linda from Kokomo, IN?

Hi, No, I am not LCDS. I stand alone. We are not affilited with any dive shop , we sell no gear and offer no lessons or certifications. We are a charter service only.
Tom and LInda run the diving part of France Park. Please log onto www.francepark.com for more inf.

Capt. MIke:
Please log onto www.francepark.com for more inf.

And when you do, please note that the picture of my ice diving students and I was used without my permission and remains there inspite of my repeated requests for it to be removed.

While the picture looks like part of an advertisement for The Diving Den, it shouldn't be viewed as an endorsement of any kind.

QUOTE=Kat]The dates are April 23 - 25, at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center & Hyatt Regency - O'Hare in Rosemont, IL.

This is a great dive & travel expo. I know alot of people on the board, last year, talked about getting together there. But I only got to meet Natasha. Anybody planning on going this year? Might be a great place for the Wrecking Crew to have a SI. ( :beer_yum: ) LOL[/QUOTE]

I'll be there. I have gone for the past 4 years. It's a good time. I have always tried to meet other divers there. I went to a booth and some people were supposed to call me so I could join a dive club in Chicago needless to say- the phone never rang. I love diving the big lake, just don't have any buddies. My one buddy moved to Florida and then to Jamaica to run his dive operation and my other freind is a part time diver, he is more into golf. I am strictly a diver, pretty hard core too if you ask me. Getting my Rescue Diver course in this summer. Going with Elmers in Evanston. Good Viz, George

I plan on going and attending any scubaboard gathering....

George - anytime you need a buddy send me a PM. I'm downtown and plan on diving most weekends during the summer. The big lake or quarries. My normal buddy (brother) is in Detroit so I usually end up driving there or the ohio quarries south of toledo...

-Tim

netmage:
I plan on going and attending any scubaboard gathering....

George - anytime you need a buddy send me a PM. I'm downtown and plan on diving most weekends during the summer. The big lake or quarries. My normal buddy (brother) is in Detroit so I usually end up driving there or the ohio quarries south of toledo...

-Tim

That goes for me as well, although sometimes I have work rear it's ugly head on teh weekend, but I'm ususlly game anytime.
That goes for you too Tim...shoot me a pm when you need a buddy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom