OUTCOME of " Tank failed then unfailed"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fitzy

Contributor
Reaction score
Firstly thanks to all that commented on the situation with this tank, much appriciated.

I have personnally contacted the manufacuers and they have agreed with my point of veiw. That, although no one was really to blame for the situation it was me that had suffered the loss.

A a result the dive shop have not charged me for any tests done and have now passed the tank, and the manufactors have given me the new Pony bottle that I wanted at NO CHARGE including delivery to my office.

Thanks very much to all concerned,

regards

FITZY

Fitzy:
Firstly thanks to all that commented on the situation with this tank, much appriciated.

I have personnally contacted the manufacuers and they have agreed with my point of veiw. That, although no one was really to blame for the situation it was me that had suffered the loss.

A a result the dive shop have not charged me for any tests done and have now passed the tank, and the manufactors have given me the new Pony bottle that I wanted at NO CHARGE including delivery to my office.

Thanks very much to all concerned,

regards

FITZY

Congrats on getting it resolved. So what is going to happen to the original tank that was failed then passed? May you have many great dives with the new pony!

Derek S:
Congrats on getting it resolved. So what is going to happen to the original tank that was failed then passed? May you have many great dives with the new pony!

Thanks,

Good question. I cant see me feeling too comfortable at 30 mtrs with a 88 tank on my back that was failed (for whatever reason rightly or wronly). i have a spare air, i think i will use it as my spare air tank filler.

Fitzy:
Thanks,

Good question. I cant see me feeling too comfortable at 30 mtrs with a 88 tank on my back that was failed (for whatever reason rightly or wronly). i have a spare air, i think i will use it as my spare air tank filler.

There are probably some on SB that would say that the 88 tank would be safer to use than the spare air! :eyebrow:
I wouldn't have a problem with the tank as it has now been passed by both the manufacturer AND the original inspector! How many tanks can claim that? :D

Kim:
There are probably some on SB that would say that the 88 tank would be safer to use than the spare air! :eyebrow:
I wouldn't have a problem with the tank as it has now been passed by both the manufacturer AND the original inspector! How many tanks can claim that? :D

Good point, however I have been diving for about 18 mnths and am still learning and an influenecd by the opionions of those more experined than I.

My little spare air is a " just in case" i do something silly, like enter backwards off a boat without a reg in my mouth. Not that i have done that , but lets just call it " my little backup".

Thanks agian to all that have offered advice.

You know, whether you use the failed tank to dive or to fill your Scare Air, you've still got 3000 psi stored in it. So, if there is a problem, you'll get the same result in either case.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom