OW Referral in Cabo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ffbsm85

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'll be goin to Cabo next summer, mid June, and I just have a few questions for someone who's been there and dived there. I will be taking my class here in Phoenix in probably March or so and I plan on doin my referral OW cert dives down there. I've lookin at Manta, Underwater Diversions, and Land's End. I will be staying in the Pueblo Bonita Rose. What would be the best place to do it based on location? Should I wait till closer to June to do my class or is it ok to take it earlier? I know the referral only last 6 months so I know January would be the earliest I can do it. Any advise on this or just beginning diving in cabo would be very appreciated!! :)

Location only matters if you do not have a car, but even then some operators will pick up. I remember seeing that Manta's boat pulls up on the beach (Playa Medano) near the "Office" (great place for food and drinks). This is the beach Bonito Rose is on - we were staying at the Melia a few doors down. The other two, Land's End and Underwater Diversions are in the Marina. The Marina is a 5 minute drive from your hotel with free parking lot adjacent to it. We dove with Underwater Diversions, but have heard good things about Manta and Land's End.

IMO, I would do your classes and pool time closer to your actual checkout dives. That makes the practice and knowledge a little more fresh for you. The conditions around Cabo are pretty easy. Most of the operators will take you to Land's End, 5 minutes down the bay.

How's the weather down there in June?? Is it usually pretty hot in June??

Air temps will be quite warm in June. Water is variable; it may be in the high 60's F or it may be in the high 70's F in June.

Hello My boyfriend did his refferal with Baja Dive In may. We had a great time because I was able to do the Dives with him. We dove peligan rock and neptunes Finger. There lot of fish and mantas.When the class was over We dove again at neptunes and saw a Baby Whale shark.I liked the

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom