**** Oxygen Concentrator and Compressor - Invacare 6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pyrotrons

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All,

I'm selling my Invacare 6 Oxygen Concentrator and its matching Invacare compressor.

The Invacare 6 Concentrator has about 5300 hours on it. It's in good exterior condition and excellent working condition, blowing large quantities of very high concentration Oxygen. Evidence of this is that if I point the output at a piece of wood that is smouldering, it instantly bursts into flame and quickly gets a hole torched through it. It's a lot of fun. I might have burned the kitchen floor a little.

EDIT: Added the following: Having taken a closer look at the video to answer a member's question, I just noticed that the "Normal" LED indicator light is not on. I'm not sure what's going on there but I'm looking into it and will post an update here.

The Oxygen Compressor has no exterior plastic case. It has less than 55 hours of total time on it, is clean and in excellent working condition. Pressurizes up to 2,000PSI no problem, then stops automagically.

Item location: Houston, TX, USA.

Buy the compressor from me, and you get the fill whip (seen in the video) too.

Please email me your offer for either or both pieces of equipment, including $150.00 for freight shipping.

Feel free to ask questions about these items here in this thread.

Regards,

Justin Hays
txclimber@gmail.com

Last edited:
how many CFM per hour does this produce?

how many CFM per hour does this produce?

Flow is 0.5 l/min to 3 l/min (litres per minute) 1 to 6 cubic feet per hour NOTE per hour (0.01 to 0.1 cfm)
Purity is 73% to at around 85% oxygen at best with a 27% to 15% balance concentrate being argon,
Concentrator is a twin tower zeolite bed
Oxygen sensor uses a zirconia plate principle runs at at around 300 degrees centigrade.

No possible use whatsoever for diving.

Hi WarrenZ, thanks for your question. The real-World flowrate flowing *out of the concentrator* and *into the compressor* is an average of about 2LPM. I don't know what the high-pressure output flowrate is but I will find it for you. I do know that it's fast enough to leave concentrating/compressing overnight and having a highly useful volume and pressure of O2 for a Nitrox mix, like the guy before me was doing with this exact system.

Note: As I was looking in the video to answer your question, I see that the "Normal" LED indicator is off. I'm not sure why this is, but I'm looking into it. My first post has been updated to reflect this finding.

I use this to make nitrox atr home it fills a welding bottle (300 cu ft) in 45-50 hours. Tank is armpit height , Im 6 ft tall, adn is perhaps 10 inches diameter. It puts out 96% O2 and the rest is argon (i assume). thats about 3 litters per minute. My 200 cuft tanks take one day to fill from 50 psi so teh tank size of the larger tank may be in error. I think the normal light is supposed to be off. It comes on when the O2 livel drops below minimum level of 90%. Users of these get a lot of flak but i have had no problems over the past 10 years or so using one to make nitrox. The compressor auto shuts off at 2200 psi.

Back
Top Bottom