Oz Diver spending 3 weeks in Tampa over Christmas and New Year - Suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paschen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi y'all
I am going to Saddlebrook, Tampa for three weeks over Christmas and New Year and seriously considering dragging all my gear with me - I had a quick squiz on the net for dives but I can't really find what I am looking for - way too touristy.
I am ADV OW, with around 95 dives.
I don't need deep - just pretty. I also want to have unrestricted time dives (I don't suck air so 60min dives at around 20m are par for the course - coming up with at least 50bar naturally).
Can anyone please make some suggestions or even offer dive buddyness?
Thanks!
P

Well, if your talking about Saddlebrook the resort in "Wesley Chapel" then you'll be exactly 1.5 miles from my house. If thats correct I can show you some nice places to dive. We can probably also jump on my boat and do some gulf wrecks and reefs.

Look up the boat Sandy's Sunday in West Palm Beach. The crew is excellent and the dives are outstanding. The only rule they gave us was DON'T GO INTO DECO!!!!!

Well, if your talking about Saddlebrook the resort in "Wesley Chapel" then you'll be exactly 1.5 miles from my house. If thats correct I can show you some nice places to dive. We can probably also jump on my boat and do some gulf wrecks and reefs.

Watch this guy though.......he may do a lot of salt dives but he's well on the road to the darkside too.....caves.

he's well on the road to the darkside too.....caves.

Uh-huh, Hey Mark I found that full face mask you were looking for.:D
You could probably order it with that two way radio add-on...

Attachments

• 41PNSJX94ML__AA262_.jpg
    41PNSJX94ML__AA262_.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 39
Wesley Chapel sounds familiar - it is like a tenis and golf resort - and there is NO WAY I can take three weeks of watching my god daughter play tennis.
Narcosis - I arrive on the 23rd of dec and leave on 16th of Jan - do I need to bring my winter suit or will my summer suit and a rashie cut it?
PS. Thanks for your kind offer!

Yep, thats Saddlebrook. The gulf was at 69 degrees Fahrenheit last year in December so bring whatever you'd wear in 69 degree water. Give me a shout when you get into town.

Dave.

Hi

I also wanted to offer dive buddiness, I'm also in Wesley Chapel, and also a few miles from Saddlebrook, so I'd figure I'd get in on the conversation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom