Paddle Wheel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom, I'm still diving the salt on occassion too bud. Look down the page a bit and you'll see a little trip I report on diving two paddlewheelers in one day :D Yup, found another one, but its in the river and comes with all the fun of low visibility with it :D You know I'm up for that anytime anyway.

Tom, I'm still diving the salt on occassion too bud. Look down the page a bit and you'll see a little trip I report on diving two paddlewheelers in one day :D Yup, found another one, but its in the river and comes with all the fun of low visibility with it :D You know I'm up for that anytime anyway.

That looks like a great dive to explore.:D It's good that people keep these secretes or a wreck such as that one wouldn't last long at all. to many people want to take just a small piece home and after awhile all them small pieces add up. Hey if you get some underwater shots of that one I would love to see them shoot me a PM. Is the whiskey still covered?

i would have bought him a steak dinner all he had to do is to show me or email me dir to it but i will find it i am good at finding things

Helloooo

As I may understand why some diving spots are kept secret I still don't understand the reason for name calling, as it happened.

And I think Hetland post explained clearly what Scubadog can and should not do.

Mania

That looks like a great dive to explore.:D It's good that people keep these secretes or a wreck such as that one wouldn't last long at all. to many people want to take just a small piece home and after awhile all them small pieces add up. Hey if you get some underwater shots of that one I would love to see them shoot me a PM. Is the whiskey still covered?

Tried to arrange an UW camera for this weekend, but didn't work out.

The "new" paddlewheeler is very well preserved, being in freshwater. So there's absolutely NO reason to take anything off it. I agree that it would be picked clean if the location was given out freely... the people doing the picking wouldn't even be able to fall back on the entire "saltwater eating the ship away" platform either.

*shrugs*

The Whiskey, from the last reports I've heard, is sticking about 2' out of the sand through two sections about 15' long.

i would have bought him a steak dinner all he had to do is to show me or email me dir to it but i will find it i am good at finding things

Its cool, I can pull plenty of flounder steaks off the West Beach Paddlewheeler :wink:

If he finds it on his own, then he's not really breaking anyone's confidence to broadcast it across the internet. It may not be the best idea, but I can't see that as making him a "*****". If BugMan or someone else takes him to the spot under the condition of keeping it secret and he blabs, then yes, that would be pretty douche-y.

I'm pretty sure that BugMan hasn't found any gold coins (good for him if he did) or topless mermaids (also good) there in the past, and there are plenty of easier places to dive in the area, so I really don't see why it's such an issue anyway.

He may not be breaking anyone confidence by sharing it, but he'd lose any respect that he may or may not already have from other divers in the area. Its a known site thats kept secret.

Never found any gold coins, no mermaids, and its not the easiest place to dive. I've always(except once) dived it with just who I've brought out there, never had to worry about parking, never had to worry about classes taking place down there, never really had to worry about much of anything there.

That being said, its an OK dive right now. Its by no means as good as it can get. Much of the wreck is covered under sand. The relief thats there are only the highest points of the site, which still make for a good, short dive. IMO, its the most interesting shore dive along the northern gulf at the moment, simply because there is identifiable wreck uncovered. I like the jetty dives, but only for the life that has been attracted to them, the jetties themselves are boring as all hell. A beachable shore wreck? Things got history, it wasn't even put down purposefully, I can dive it even without the life swarming it.

The Whiskey Wreck when uncovered, is a more interesting wreck than the West Beach Paddlewheeler when uncovered. There are more recognizable features.

Last edited by a moderator:
He may not be breaking anyone confidence by sharing it, but he'd lose any respect that he may or may not already have from other divers in the area. Its a known site thats kept secret.

Never found any gold coins, no mermaids, and its not the easiest place to dive. I've always(except once) dived it with just who I've brought out there, never had to worry about parking, never had to worry about classes taking place down there, never really had to worry about much of anything there.

That being said, its an OK dive right now. Its by no means as good as it can get. Much of the wreck is covered under sand. The relief thats there are only the highest points of the site, which still make for a good, short dive. IMO, its the most interesting shore dive along the northern gulf at the moment, simply because there is identifiable wreck uncovered. I like the jetty dives, but only for the life that has been attracted to them, the jetties themselves are boring as all hell. A beachable shore wreck? Things got history, it wasn't even put down purposefully, I can dive it even without the life swarming it.

The Whiskey Wreck when uncovered, is a more interesting wreck than the West Beach Paddlewheeler when uncovered. There are more recognizable features.

The shrimpboat trumps them all, when uncovered!:D:lotsalove:

Well i think i hit a nerve i am not going to tell anyone when i find it i just wanted to see how every one would react if someone was to tell i am going to go find it and keep it to my self

Back
Top Bottom