PADI AOW Book -- what so bad?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is revenue a bad thing?

mislav:
PADI can be accused of a lot of things, but this simply is not true.

If you're a relatively new diver, there are things you can learn from that book. Anyone claiming otherwise is a very poor diver and potentially a dangerous dive buddy.

If your level of knowledge surpasses what AOW book covers, then why would you expect to learn anything from PADI's second in line - beginner divers manual?

Agree.

I found the PADI Adventures well written with excellent illustrations, information logically presented.

I would not trust a diver with the OP's perspective to be a competent buddy.
"I know it all" syndrome.

A good diver should be able to learn from any diving book. :coffee:

I must say I was a bit dissapointed with the course in general. The peak performance bouyancy dive/workshop was quite good, but beyond that I didn't find the course that educational. I took the course after about 30 dives or so.

I think it had to do with the instructor. I chose to do the multilevel dive, and the instructor wouldn't teach me how to use the wheel, he said that was another course! The raised the question of what I was supposed to take out of the multi-level dive (aside from BASIC theory behind it). It didn't properly teach planning which I would conisder the most important part. Besides, pretty much any dive done with a DM is multi-level.

Learning to use the wheel is a part of the Computer and Multilevel Specialty.

The "Adventure Dives" part of the AOW class don't really get into the meat of things. That's what the rest of the dives for each specialty is supposed to do.

Back
Top Bottom