PADI eCard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some operators will hold your c-card as part of the roll call and return it when you get back on board. I wouldn't want to hand over my cell phone in that case.

Didn't think about the handing over the c-card part. Certainly don't want to hand over my phone to anyone for anything other than a glance at it. So its gonna be the regular card and a photo of all the other cards I carry just in case. I love this board.

never had one do that around here? i scan the front & back of the cards & keep the aow & nitrox cards in my wallet anyways.

Some operators will hold your c-card as part of the roll call and return it when you get back on board. I wouldn't want to hand over my cell phone in that case.

I've never seen that done, but if it were, I'd just laugh and put my phone back in my dry bag where it belongs.

I had an older ipod touch that doesn't really get a whole lot of use anymore. I put my ecards on that so I'm not as concerned about it getting banged about, scratched, etc. I agree with some of the other posts though, I'd make sure you have both just your battery dies, your device breaks, etc.

I had a bad experience where an operator lost my card that they were holding, so ever since then I've made sure I got both the ecard and the regular card.

Back
Top Bottom