PADI Ice Diving Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ppo2_diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'll be taking the PADI Ice Diver specialty this winter. Does anyone know if there is a manual for this? I checked PADI's web site and there isn't one. There isn't a chapter in the Advertures in Diving book either.

Ice diving requires special equipment and procedures. I'm surprised that PADI doesn't have a manual for it.

I didn't get a manual for mine at all - our instructor gave us some good sheets of info on ice types and what thickness can support what...I just took good notes.

Not sure of the reason for not having a manual--lack of demand, maybe? But there is a 37 page outline in the PADI Specialty Course Instructor Outlines that the instructor would use (or have developed approved courseware of his or her own).

Stay Warm!

...the U.S. Navy Diving Manual has a section on ice diving/cold weather diving operations. Bob3 sells the CDs, and you can download the manual from various places. Forgot where I found mine.

I had an excellent instructor with lots of handouts, way back when up in Racine, WI.
Norm

AzAtty once bubbled...
...the U.S. Navy Diving Manual has a section on ice diving/cold weather diving operations. Bob3 sells the CDs, and you can download the manual from various places. Forgot where I found mine.

If you should wish to download the USN Manual - here's a link to the site.

Sweet link - thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom