PADI sent me an AOW survey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divemed06 once bubbled...

You didn't specify a denomination:D Up here in igloo country eh...0.37$ American will by you a new toque, moccassins and bear skin comforter for those chili July nights.LOL :D

LOL....I'll remember that. sounds like a good deal to me.

:)

FLL Diver once bubbled...

Then all the more pity that you couldn't see your way clear to let PADI and him know that he did do his job correctly.

I don't know why you seem so proud of this.

If money is really the reason let me know if you still have the form and a PayPal account. I'll send you the 37¢.

Marc

Proud of what? That I liked the training? Or that I didn't send back the survey.... :wacko:

And, I don't know why it seems to anger you so that the survey didn't go back.

It is my opinion that PADI probably uses the survey to understand when the minimum requirements were not met. If you know otherwise because of direct experience you have with PADI (perhaps because you've receive an excellence award, due to survey responses...) then please let me know.

In my case, the minimums were exceeded by a fair margin (so far as I know) and there was no way to communicate that on the survey I received.

scubasean once bubbled...

Thanks...I've also told him so.

--Sean

Did you also tell him you got his evaluation form from PADI and that you weren't going to bother sending it in? What was his reaction to that?

Never mind - you just don't get it.

Marc

o2scuba once bubbled...

I am a PADI instructor. I hand out my own evaluation feedback cards to my students at the end of my classes and ask that they be filled out. Often people say, "I'll take it with me and mail or email it to you". I find that in most cases, if they do not do it "then and now", it gets forgotten.Andrew

So,you had out your own evals? Do you turn them into PADI?
Stand over the student while they fill them out?

As a PADI instructor I have never seen ones to hand out that were not home made.

Please ,send me a link to the form on the members site.

Ron

Do any other agencies mail out such surveys? We've heard that GUE has an online version.

PADI sends out these surveys to a portion of all students as a part of their quality assurance. They are looking for standards violations.

If a survey reply reveals a potential violation, PADI QA will send out more surveys to all of the students in the particular class and, as appropriate, to other students of that instructor/shop.

If you get one, you have no way of knowing whether it is for a routine random surveying or for investigation of a potential standards violation. If your instructor did a great job and met or exceeded all standards, then tell PADI. It may back up the instructor's version of events in an investigation.

Ron Brandt once bubbled...

"So,you had out your own evals? Do you turn them into PADI?
Stand over the student while they fill them out?"

I would be happy to send them to PADI, they would just return them tho. PADI is interested in training issues. I don't think they would want eval forms regarding my busines. The questions are focused on specifics within our service. Questions like: Did you find the accommodations in Bonaire to be adequate? Did you consider it to be a good value? Were your DM and instructors polite. Was the flight schedule convenient? What was your most enjoyable experience of the tour? What was the least enjoyable?... Etc........

I do not believe PADI would be interested. They are busy with their own Instructor evals.

And no I do not "stand over students" while they fill them out. What a silly question. Don't you realize how annoying that would be for them? The eval is certainly NOT a requirement, people can refuse> No one ever has tho. As I said before, they appreciate the fact that I am interested in quality control. Why is this so hard for YOU to comprehend?

Anyone who has taken a college class over the last 20 years has most likely been asked to fill out an eval on their prof/teacher. At my school we were required to.

"As a PADI instructor I have never seen ones to hand out that were not home made."

Jeez, you make it sound like I scribble them on a paper plate with crayon. I created what I believe to be a clean, professional form using MS Publisher.

"Please ,send me a link to the form on the members site."

First of all......Why? Second, what members site? Third, As I have never published my form on the net, there is no link.

Ron, If you are really interested, simply sign up for one of my dive trips. You can review the form with the others, on the plane ride home. :)

Andrew

o2scuba once bubbled...
Ron Brandt once bubbled...

I would be happy to send them to PADI, they would just return them tho. PADI is interested in training issues. I don't think they would want eval forms regarding my busines. The questions are focused on specifics within our service. Questions like: Did you find the accommodations in Bonaire to be adequate? Did you consider it to be a good value? Were your DM and instructors polite. Was the flight schedule convenient? What was your most enjoyable experience of the tour? What was the least enjoyable?... Etc........

I do not believe PADI would be interested. They are busy with their own Instructor evals.

And no I do not "stand over students" while they fill them out. What a silly question. Don't you realize how annoying that would be for them? The eval is certainly NOT a requirement, people can refuse> No one ever has tho. As I said before, they appreciate the fact that I am interested in quality control. Why is this so hard for YOU to comprehend?

Anyone who has taken a college class over the last 20 years has most likely been asked to fill out an eval on their prof/teacher. At my school we were required to.

Ron, If you are really interested, simply sign up for one of my dive trips. You can review the form with the others, on the plane ride home. :)

Andrew

Sorry about the attitude.I actually work in post secondary education and have been wittness over the last 24 years to evals on courses and the instructors and prof's that hand them out and I keep hearing stories.

"Standing over the students" ya,I have personally had it done to myself.

If these are evals for trips and business related,thats fantasic! Feedback wether positive or not is certainly required ! I did not understand these were for your trips.

Another piece of VERY usefull information I will add to to the advice you have given me in the past.If I ever get this first major trip planed as you and I have discussed I will be sure to have an evaluation form for my clients. I totally missunderstood where you were comming from and have to publicly appologise!

I was just a little on edge last night and have been very worked up over some personal issues.

Take Care

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom