Palau, Saipan or Hawaii in September?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you all for great advice!

Our trip is now pushed back to October and i am looking at Dumaguete or Kona... reason is i would like us to get more dives in our log books to fully enjoy Palau.

In any case, i can't wait to go out diving again!
thank you!

Kona is probably the best for the experience levels you described. it is also the best place to get up close and personal with Mantas.
Unless you want to do a liveaboard, then Palau is a good option. For land based diving with Mantas. Kona is an outstanding choice. Try Big Island Divers!

P.s. I would also dive with Friscuba (steve) if I was going. He was incredibly helpful to me during my last trip....

IMO, you have a greater chance of getting a direct hit by a typhoon at that time of the year in the Marianas (Guam, Saipan), than you do in the Carolines (Palau, Yap). Go for the Palau/Yap Itinerary, but also closely monitor the Guam NWS Typhoon Website as well. . .

Having been in the water with Kevin when we took a direct hit by a typhoon, I'd suggest following his advice. Nothing makes you appreciate the power of mother nature quite like surfacing from a 180 foot deco dive into 50 mph winds, 6 foot swells, blinding rain and no dive boat in sight. Think I'm still drying off from that one... :wink:

Having been in the water with Kevin when we took a direct hit by a typhoon, I'd suggest following his advice. Nothing makes you appreciate the power of mother nature quite like surfacing from a 180 foot deco dive into 50 mph winds, 6 foot swells, blinding rain and no dive boat in sight. Think I'm still drying off from that one... :wink:
Another half-hour without sight of land, and I was going to deploy the Emergency PLB (remember my "Gold Can"?):shocked2:

How's the carnage over there on Wall Street? I'm about to withdraw all my savings from WAMU, and go retire in the Philippines (where the US Dollar is still worth something!). . .

Next month I'll be in Truk again. . .

If you come to Saipan you can get lots of shore dives in. Let me know if you come here I can hook you up

Dale Still on a little rock in the Pacific next to a pinapple under the sea

Hi all.
I am in japan now.
going on a trip (with a friend ) to saipan for 10 days, dec 20-28.
looking for advice on shops (Japanese or english is ok, between both of us, we have the two languages covered)..
we are both experaniced divers and looking for a good shop that would take us out and do some good diving (not the ... go in a group of 50 people diving... )
any ideas?
please help.
thank you very much.
A.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom