Panama City Report - Aug 22/23, 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pat's a great guy and his boat is first class...

I agree. I really liked Pat.

Fills.. well if they were air.. then most assume the shop will do the job correctly...and some don't. Thankfully I use Nitrox.. and check every tank before leaving... and only go to shops that give a good fill...

well. we had a 'group drop off' and pickup. next time we'll know better.

Glad you had fun.

Not glad the boat was not available to dive on this last weekend.. as there were divers using it...wonder who that was?

wish I'd known. we prob could have squeezed you on. we had a good time.

Great report and fun pictures.

Sorry to hear about the camera flooding, been there, done that.... twice. Now my cameras don't go underwater.

Great report and fun pictures.

Sorry to hear about the camera flooding, been there, done that.... twice. Now my cameras don't go underwater.

well I think the camera still works. I was able to take a pic with it. I just need to see what comes out.

It appears that just the LCD screen got "fried".

it only had maybe a tablespoon or two of water in the housing. but that was apparently enough.

seems to be self inflicted sorta. I found several particles of sand on the o-ring, so apparently I didn't inspected it well enough and it was enough to allow the leak.

As for your cameras not going underwater, this just re-enforced not taking my Nikon underwater, which would have resulted in an at least thousand dollar loss.

Mike - Bummer about the camera. I love the dolphin pic!!

Great report and pictures Mike.

Michael

Thanks for the report and pics. I have DEPP insurance on my camera/housing, strobe, Regs, and BC which covers loss, theft, damage and flooding (flooding is optional). Costs about $75/year for $2000 in coverage. I lost one camera due to a housing flood and they replaced my camera for pennies on the $. Well worth the cost.

Second n the DEP insurance when I flooded my Canon20D in Cozumel it only cost me my deductable. I learned to put the housing down for flood insurance as the electronics inside can get ruined by a flood.

Thanks... good suggestion. If I get a more expensive camera/housing I might have to take a look at that.

this was just a SeaLife DC310 digital. nothing fancy.

If I had my Nikon DSLR in a housing, I will definately consider that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom