Panama Silky Sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where2Next

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have read May is a great time to see Silky Sharks in The Pearl Island area of Panama. Does anyone know anything about this? I have tried emailing, messaging, FB group questions, and NO ONE responds…

If you have no clue, can you point me in a direction to someone who might? Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

We are also planning on hitting up Bocas Del Toro, I am hoping after two years of less divers, plus getting off the beaten path, we will have some decent diving there.

Good luck getting a shop on Contadora to respond. It's a very Panama thing, but they are especially bad. Probably your only bet will be to show up on the island and hope you can get a response from them in person. Even then, I'd give it 50/50.

If you're interested in getting off the beaten path and diving the Caribbean, I would strongly recommend Golden Frog Scuba in Portobelo. I think the diving is better than Bocas and Golden frog is one of the few responsive and reliable dive operators.

Thank you for posting and mentioning another option!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom