Panglao and Balicasag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phil8diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just finished my 5th dive with Philippines Fun Divers. Took the advice of Pao and went with them. First impression was pretty good since they were very professional in replying promptly to my emails (Lisa). This place was owned by a German but with Japanese and Filipino DMs. So basically you get Europeans who speaks German (Swiss, Austrian, Germans, etc) and Japanese divers. I was basically the only Filipino/Korean diver. They were all very courteous and place seemed very organized. I brought my own equipment so I cannot comment on their gears but their boat was definitely the best looking and super clean (Raku) compared to other dive boats (Sierre Madre, Sun Divers, etc). It seemed like they just renovated it or gave it a facelift.

Sites dove:

Black Forrest
Royal Garden/Catheral X 2
Diver's Heaven
Arco Point

Dive type - wall
Max depth - 26 meters
Dive time 60+ mins
Viz - 15 to 20 meters

Only down side was that I was expecting better viz compared to what I experienced/expected. Other than that saw pretty much everything - jacks, hawksbill turtles, baracuda, white frogfish, black frogfish, moray, ribbon eel, crab (don't know what type), sea horse, shrimp, pipefish, etc.

Regards,

Where did you stay? I'll be there by the 16th but Fun Divers haven't responded to my email yet. I know I only sent it yesterday. I'm looking for more budget lodging as I spend my money on the diving.

Where did you stay? I'll be there by the 16th but Fun Divers haven't responded to my email yet. I know I only sent it yesterday. I'm looking for more budget lodging as I spend my money on the diving.

I have an Alona Beach map on my website which you can download and print.

Paragayo Resort (#30 on my map) has reasonably priced rooms with hot water showers.
Citadel Hotel (#25 on my map) is as budget as you can get and still have very clean rooms. No hot water and shared bathrooms.

I stayed at Amorita which is quite pricey. I saw a resort (forgot the name) right beside fun divers which I believe was like 1k+ a night.

Regards,

I stayed at Amorita. Quite pricey (wife's choice). I should have spent the money on extra days and dives. But what could I do....:wink:

Back
Top Bottom