Panhandle Springs(Vortoberfest) Dive Reports 10-15 & 10-16-5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And for those who wanted to see what the front side of BabyDuck's head looks like ....

almost a good pic of my hat...though i'm making a weird face.

In the original pic you were sitting next to Kraken - anybody would make a strange face in your position :D (gotta love TK).

SeaYoda:
It was great fun diving with and getting to meet everybody on Saturday. Here are some of the topside pics I took (there are more but these are pretty representative):
Ok where's the incriminating one with Hoss helping BD "adjust" her new BP/W?

Thankfully it came out blurry - I think I can still get a little money for not posting it though :D.

Great pics SeaYoda :D I didn't take any at the campsite or at Vortex all together, I'm glad you were there to fill in the gaps!

jviehe:
Yes, how deep was the spring run? And whatre you guys doing on land? DOnt get in trouble :).

The spring run was 1-3' deep, depending on where you were. We had to practically walk into the basin to get our gear on while standing. I bottomed the motor out a few times on submerged logs and the sand/vegetation on the way in and out as well... ugh!

After watching the locals park their boats on the beach several times while we fumbled in and out the boats, we figured that nobody actually cared :) They have a fence keeping you out of the rest of the property now, so I guess they are OK with the beach being used.

One of the locals said that they don't own any of the "flood plain" anyway as its waterway for a good part of the year.

CD_in_Chitown:
Nice report Bugman. Thanks for the ride up to Cypress, that was one of the most beautiful basins I have ever seen!

Great pics too, I can't believe the Beckton shots turned out so well. It didn't seem that clear at the time.

Glad you enjoyed them, third times a charm eh? Actually, the pictures usually seem to reduce the visibility somewhat I've always found :D Visibility at Becton wasn't horrible around the vents, unless you compare it to Cypress - lol!

I had a grand time; thank you all for being there and sharing. It was great to put real people with the names here on SB.
And oh, yeah, he's far too modest to mention it... the Kraken's Brunswick stew is a taste treat worth traveling for. Deeeeeelishussss!
I'm assuming that the "third weekend in October" next year is the 21st-22nd, right? (As the first is on a Sunday there could be a bit of confusion, and we wouldn't want that!
T'was great fun; looking forward to next year already.
Rick :D

Yoda, you and the Bug Man are super!

As so often stated in the Grand Old South, "There was good drink, good food, good fellowship and a good time was had by all."

the K

Great pics! I can almost smell the food on the grill. NO WAY will I miss the next one! Is it too soon to make it official? I know it could change later, but it'll give me something to plan on.
Rick Murchison:
I'm assuming that the "third weekend in October" next year is the 21st-22nd, right? (As the first is on a Sunday there could be a bit of confusion, and we wouldn't want that!
T'was great fun; looking forward to next year already.
Rick :D

Boy do I look waterlogged. Good times, that is one happy diver for sure. Handsom dive buddy doesn't hurt either...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom