PCG Diver dies during retrieval operations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got a message from Matt the other day and he was working on this operation. Matt is a very experienced trimix certified ANDI diver. Dove with Matt many of times and he has very good knowledge of using mixed gases and excellent diving skills.

andibk

wishing our local cg & navy divers have access to training and gases such as this. poor dude. he's a her on my book.

Phil Tech Divers (aka Alex Santos) has taken over retrieval ops in Catalyn B

Do you know if they are taking the lead? or doing all the dives? From the last operation it sounded like they had 1 qualified guy with the Coast Guard guys following his lead...

Hopefully they'll have better luck this time. I don't think the general public understands how dangerous this is to the divers... specially the ones without training to this depth.

at least they've hired PhilTech rather than going at it on their own

it's not necessarily cheap, but there are more than enough qualified tech divers locally to do 220 feet rather than sending OW grunts with inferior equipment to do that dangerous work

Jag

unconfirmed but from what I heard, he was diving on air and only had OW training. whether thats true or not I dont know, but if true its too sad for the guys family

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom