PDC bull sharks wiped out.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's 38 °F in Plainview on Texas High Plains, 85.3 °F in Cozumel Mex. Hmmmm, it was so tempting.

#166 on the first petition and #416 on the second. This story horrified me, and I am so glad to see that actual progress may be made to help everyone understand the value of reducing pressure on the bulls and other species! Only the local residents can effect real change, and they will only do that if they understand and agree that they will benefit more from protecting the resources that draw their visitors than by exploiting them directly. We'll be in Cozumel in February and the Playa region in June, and will be very interested in the way issues like this are decided and handled.

Thanks so much to those giving their time and energy to help!

I see the second petition is sponsored via the Phantom Divers. It's good to see the shop on board! Salute.

Thanks cavew0man for all the information. I hope you do not mind, but I took the liberty of posting this info on Scuba Diving magazine's, D2D board.
http://divertodiver.scubadiving.com/m.aspx?m=203468
I have been an active member over there for over eight years now.

I encourage you to join the Diver-To-Diver ("D2D") dive community board (please use your same board name as here, so as no to confuse).
Go to www.scubadiving.com. At the top of the page click on Community and then go left to Message Board.
At the very, very top of the page next to Subscriptions, click on LogIn/Register.

I have posted a brief synopsis of the events as well as posting the links to the petitions and links to the various organizations involved. it would give the petition request more credence if you could take just a moment to post there.

Also, CozumelAntonio, if you could join over on the other board as well, it would really help to see the dive community in Quintana Roo, partricularly Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya and Cozumel asking for the support. There are many, many divers on the board who have been actively going to these areas to dive for years.

PLEASE. Let's ALL get involved!! Thanks!

Last edited:
I see the second petition is sponsored via the Phantom Divers. It's good to see the shop on board! Salute.

Jorge & team are vocal proponents, a second-generation locally owned operation, and their support is tremendous, as is the amount of work they've already put in. The fact that they have already jumped through all of the hoops to create a non-profit A.C. is a huge help. And hey, we're all after the same thing.

Thanks cavew0man for all the information. I hope you do not mind, but I took the liberty of posting this info on Scuba Diving magazine's, D2D board.
NINE BULL SHARKS KILLED in Playa del Carmen. Please sign (+)
I have been an active member over there for over eight years now.

I encourage you to join the Diver-To-Diver ("D2D") dive community board (please use your same board name as here, so as no to confuse).
Go to ScubaDiving.com | Scuba Diving Magazine. At the top of the page click on Community and then go left to Message Board.
At the very, very top of the page next to Subscriptions, click on LogIn/Register.

I have posted a brief synopsis of the events as well as posting the links to the petitions and links to the various organizations involved. it would give the petition request more credence if you could take just a moment to post there.

Also, CozumelAntonio, if you could join over on the other board as well, it would really help to see the dive community in Quintana Roo, partricularly Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya and Cozumel asking for the support. There are many, many divers on the board who have been actively going to these areas to dive for years.

PLEASE. Let's ALL get involved!! Thanks!
Super - thanks! And I shall head over there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom