PDC bus/ferry schedule?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aa777888

Reaction score
Hi all,

So now that my wife and I are commited to using the ferry from Cancun to Coz on Sunday, 15 May, does anyone know where I can find the bus and ferry schedules to do that?

We were thinking of something like a 10 or 11 am departure from the hotel and on taking the hotel (Moon Palace) shuttle back to the airport to catch the bus from there. Sound right?

Thanks,

aa

I maintain an update on the ferry scedules here: Diablo Divers/Ferry Schedule Check back in a couple of days when the May schedule is up.

The bus departs from the airport each hour from 10:30 am to 9:30 pm daily and the cost is 65 pessos per person. The bus stop is on the east end of terminal 2.

aa777888:
We were thinking of something like a 10 or 11 am departure from the hotel and on taking the hotel (Moon Palace) shuttle back to the airport to catch the bus from there. Sound right?

Depending on how much luggage you have, you can catch a Collectivo (taxi van) on the highway and take it to Playa as well, it could be faster and would be cheaper and they run about every 5 - 10 minutes.

Or a regular Taxi would be about 300 pessos from your hotel lobby to the ferry terminal.

Oh, sorry, forgot to ask: how does one identify/flag down/etc. a Collectivo?

Thanks,

aa

If you are staying at Moon palace, you probably...I'm guessing....can afford a taxi...they will pick you up in front of the lobby....much easier with gear n stuff!

Divedoggie:
If you are staying at Moon palace, you probably...I'm guessing....can afford a taxi...they will pick you up in front of the lobby....much easier with gear n stuff!

I probably could :wink: but I'd like to learn how to do it on the cheap, as I expect this won't be our last trip to Coz :D

aa777888:
Oh, sorry, forgot to ask: how does one identify/flag down/etc. a Collectivo?

Thanks,

aa
Stand on the side of the road and when you see a white van approach, stick out your arm. If the driver has room he will stop. Get in and tell him where you are going and he will tell you how much.

Cheers,

Dennis

Sounds pretty cool, actually. I found a couple of web resources on these that had a few other good details.

Do you tip them? Can they handle a couple of Pelican 1650 cases and 2 roller duffels? Hell, for that matter can the bus from the airport handle that?

Thanks,

aa

aa777888:
Sounds pretty cool, actually. I found a couple of web resources on these that had a few other good details.

Do you tip them? Can they handle a couple of Pelican 1650 cases and 2 roller duffels? Hell, for that matter can the bus from the airport handle that?

Thanks,

aa

Well please share the resources you found, inquiring minds want to know!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom