PDC with reading NDL/DECO and BT at the same time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a DC that give you all the dive info and alarms in dive mode, but no bottom time, I can select Bottom time but then it will not show the rest of the info and no alarms as well, I see other DC like Suunto is the same, Don't know if in all its models, the same for other DC you either select dive mode or bottom time mode, I have an entri level DC, the Mares Punk Pro, I assume ( and maybe wrong ) that there is a DC that give you both readings at the same time.

Sorry if this is a dump question and it is pointless to have both readings at the same time.

I carry a regular analog watch, but it is not a stop-watch, as well if I forget to take note of the time, then it is not really accurate bottom time records it become more a guess work

Thanks.

Bottom time is used when diving with tables. It's not used with computer diving.

Many divers calculate dive plans ahead of time - typically for tech/deco dives - and print out a specific schedule showing times, depths, and gas mixes. As you can see from this screenshot below, with such a schedule in hand (or, more likely on a slate on your wrist) you don't need your computer to be in "computer" mode at that point. You simply need it to tell you your depth and how long you've been in the water...

android_plan.png

On the dive above my Suunto Vytec DS would be beeping and flashing at me and tell me I was bent long after I safely exited the water. It would then assume I was either dead or in a chamber and lock me out of diving for 12-24hrs as it assumed I blew off a bunch of deco. By setting it to gauge mode... it stays happy.

Ok, understood, I guess stop watch will be what I'm looking for or shade and hope yo not forget to record or stop the counter.

That V-planner is it from Suunto, is it for tec-dive right ?

That V-planner is it from Suunto, is it for tec-dive right ?

No. Yes.

(It can actually be used for any kind of diving, but most useful/valuable for tech diving.)

There is NO dive computer that tracks the "Bottom Time" as per your description above.

ALL dive computers (also when in bottom time mode) track time from the moments you "break the surface" (first when you descend and then when you resurface).

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Actually, all computers also track "bottom time"; but they don't record it in the log. When you decide to end the dive and make a direct trip to the surface, the computer's display of "dive time" is your "bottom time". You could remember it or write it down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom