Pegasus Sea Moth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry... Pegasus Sea Moth...

maybe you had too many beers on the last day and can't remember what Pak and i said...or... you pommies can't understand us North Americans.... :)

Chris Bangs:
your shots blow mine away, seems that yours have a bit more color. better background too:wink:

Thanks Chris... but I still need to learn how to take good WA manta shots like you...

To be honest, straight out of the camera, it's hard to distinguish them in the sand. Both pics (more so on the 2nd one) have been "adjusted" in PS...

Mike Veitch:
Larry... Pegasus Sea Moth...

maybe you had too many beers on the last day and can't remember what Pak and i said...or... you pommies can't understand us North Americans.... :)

I'm sure you mean Eurypegasus draconis, don't you?:wink:

Nah, thinking back, it might have been a local name from one of the guys I saw in Atlantis Resort later.

Edit - just remembered - someone was calling them Flying Gurnards (Dactyloptena orientalis as I'm sure you know:)) in the bar & I told him I was sure he was wrong, but didn't know myself the true name of what we'd seen, but that the Flying Gurnard )which also "walks" BTW) has much larger pectoral fins.

Too many beers pfffft.

Oh God, please don't bring up chickens when the PPd are around, it ain't healthy!

They are hard to photograph (or at least they were in Lembeh) because they are SO well camouflaged. How else could something so clumsy survive long?

TSandM:
How else could something so clumsy survive long?

Ever seen pakman dive?:wink:

(Get that in before he says it about me)

thepurplehammerhead:
I'm sure you mean Eurypegasus draconis, don't you?:wink:

Nah, thinking back, it might have been a local name from one of the guys I saw in Atlantis Resort later.

Edit - just remembered - someone was calling them Flying Gurnards (Dactyloptena orientalis as I'm sure you know:)) in the bar & I told him I was sure he was wrong, but didn't know myself the true name of what we'd seen, but that the Flying Gurnard )which also "walks" BTW) has much larger pectoral fins.

Too many beers pfffft.

pics of flying gurnards or Dactyloptena volitans... (Edit: not my pic/ just a link...)
gurnards6_stvincent3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom