Pellor Pellor 150m Diving Depth 4000 Lumen LED Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rustydiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Took a chance and bought this on Amazon. Very happy with it. Did 4 dives in Hawaii at over 100ft diving the YO-247 and Sea Tiger. Very bright and no flooding or flickering. I used this light with 26650 batteries but, you can also use 18650. Well worth the $60.
Just wanted to put the word out!

41v31evzLPL.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HPXB56...lid=1I1WX15ETSDPE&coliid=I2LRZ32AS3IJ47&psc=1

That cree xhp70 looks like an awesome LED module! I'm sure it will spawn a new generation of 4000 lumen lights like the T6 did at 1000 lumens. I took a chance on a similar light (1000 lumen, T6) a year or two ago. What happened to mine was the magnet on the magnetic switch was not coated. It rusted up after just a few dives and wouldn't control the reed inside the light to turn it on anymore. It's been sitting in a parts drawer while I figure out what to do with it since then.

Now I'm a little "gun shy" of cheap lights with magnetic switches as a result.

If you remove the magnetic switch, can you see the magnet on the back side of it? The photos look like it is of the same design. There is a little ring behind the switch, you unscrew the ring and the switch will slide off the light for inspection.

I love the idea of a 4000 lumen light only using a single LED emitter. But, I am going to hold off a while before buying anything to supplant any of my 1000 lumen lights.

That XHP-70 is slightly less efficiency than the XM-L2. So, I would make a wild-ass speculation that if it's putting out 4 times the light, it will last 1/4 the amount of time on the same amount of battery. Thus, I can see why the XHP-70 is setup to take 2 x 26650s. If you were going to run it on High for a whole dive, you would need that much battery (or more).

Also, I hate that style of switch. I have a light with that style and I found it constantly getting bumped and turning the light on by accident while clipped off to my chest D-ring. And with it pointing down and slightly back I often wouldn't notice. Not to mention the opportunities to have it accidentally on when in my dive bag or elsewhere if I leave the battery in it.

Holding 2 x 26650 or 18650 batteries also makes it longer than I would really want to deal with. Definitely too long to mount it in a soft Goodman (aka light sock) on the back of my hand.

All that said, running that light at 1000 lumen (equivalent) output, it should last even longer than running an XM-L2 on High. So, maybe someone will make something with an XHP-70 that only takes 1 x 26650. 1000 lumens is plenty bright for just about anything I've ever needed. The smaller size of only holding 1 battery would be very desirable. And then the ability to crank it up to 4000 lumen output for short periods on an as-needed basis, would be pretty sweet.

Otherwise, I'll be keeping an eye out for an inexpensive can light that uses an XHP-70 and still gives at least 2 hours of burn time on High. A light head with one of those in it should be nice and small and still incredibly bright! And a video light with 3 of them would be really awesome!

I was thinking it would make for nice video lights or can lights for tech diving. A pack with 4 or 8 26650's and a cord run to the head should make for a pretty awesome setup for either use.

I was thinking it would make for nice video lights or can lights for tech diving. A pack with 4 or 8 26650's and a cord run to the head should make for a pretty awesome setup for either use.

It has a very bright hot spot. Might not make a very good video light. Here's what it looks like at depth. This is inside the YO-257 at about 95 feet.

Last edited:
XHP 70 is a really powerful led module. The only drawback of this chip is it's size.
I also use it in my canister dive light and I am very satisfied with it. To get enough run time I use a 17.5 Ah Li-Ion battery pack.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom