People to dive with (O'ahu)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

steamtrollnuke

Registered
Reaction score
I'm relatively new to O'ahu, and am looking to do some beach dives while I'm out here.

I live in Guam, am out here for ~6 months for work, I've done all my diving in Guam and Saipan, I know alot of the dives on Guam really well. I don't know where to go or what to see out here. Mostly I'm worried about entrances/exits and any currents/riptides.

I've done the PADI rescue diver course, the instructor (Rick Gaskill) wanted me to start on the tech classes and divemaster stuff, but work keeps getting in the way. I started with a transpack and now dive either singles or doubles depending on what kind of dive we want it to be (me on double 80s and my wife on our single 100 makes for long dives)

I have all my own gear out here, I brought all my gear with me so I don't have to deal with the hassle of renting gear, just tanks.

Any one want to dive with me?

You might want to just go over to sharks cove/three tables/fire house over the weekend. There are always divers going in and out of the water - some don't mind if you tag along :)

Hey there,

My group regularly does beach dives during the week after work to practice skills and then just go dive for the hell of it. We just had our last "Tweak" Wednesday at Electric beach and we had a good turnout and a ton of fun. Given your post mentioning doubles and maybe going down the tech path these dives would be ideal for you....you get a preview of Open Circuit Intro to tech skills and also get to just go diving....win-win.

You can check us out at Hawaii Underwater Explorers we're just a group of people not a business trying to sell you anything or push stuff down your throat. Send me your e-mail at instructor@scubaanddreams.com or info@hawaiiunderwaterexplorers.com and I will add you to the bi-weekly tweak e-mail list.

Mahalo,

Sherman

Back
Top Bottom