Perdido Pass Night Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Josh, welcome back to the water!

Flounder aren't running, but you could stick some sheepshead or maybe a scamp, especially with the slight added power from the length of a 6' polespear.

There's not really a too long or too short for polespearing flounder, its more a matter of where you're doing it from. Deep, wide open sites and a longer pole is nice; shallow and busy dive sites, and a shorter pole becomes more manueverable. 5' pole is what I use everywhere, its a nice compromise for both types of diving.

Thanks for the advice... not really up to sticking a moving fish I don't think, so I'll leave the pole at home. The 6' pole I have is a little unwieldy the few times I used it. Of course it's also fiberglass so can flex against you too... I think a 5' would do me more good for the places I'd flounder.

Gotta blow the dust off the gear, mount my new (smaller this time) knife, and got some XS scuba weight pockets to stick on my hog rig somewhere, thinking maybe tank bands.

It's gonna be good to be back, hope the water quality is gonna be ok, it seems very hit/miss at alabama point.

Nope we waited about a hour for the tide (current to die down) and it never slowed down.
I guess because of the way the wind was blowing. So we went to Tacky Jacks for food and drinks.

Yeah, high tide was supposedly at 6PM, at around 7PM, the water was still rushing in, so we called the dive.

All was not lost, as we had a good time at Tacky Jack's :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom