Peregrine - How to delete "Dive 0"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just removed dive 0 from both computer and cloud and turned off restore mode. Did a connect and download, and it still wanted to download dive 0.
That is truly strange. I would definitely be contacting Shearwater as it shouldn't do that.

In the meantime, there's an option that may work for what you want. I did this on my daughters' computers (hand me down/bought used) that did not have a way to delete dives. I downloaded them via Subsurface. Initially I then deleted them, but as you saw that didn't work. For the next try, I downloaded them and marked the dives as invalid. They don't show up in the Subsurface log, and no longer show up when I try to download.

Sorry, for some reason I was thinking you were using Subsurface. Not sure if there is a similar functionality in Shearwater Cloud.

The current version of Subsurface doesn't try to download any dive you have previously elected to ignore during a download. If you deselect something that you later decide you want, you must check the "Force downloading all dives" checkbox to get it. (Caveat wrt @Belzelbub's post that it may not have always acted this way since it's actively being developed.) So @SiDziner, if it really bothers you, you might consider an alternate logging program.

If it were me, I would download it, edit it and remove all data that affects stats, this should fix the problem. Not on computer and in log with no data. It should not add to the count, but I might be wrong on that one.

any updates on this? I have the same concern regarding my Perdix 2 and Shearwater Cloud. I have the Dive 0 as well as a handful of other unwanted "dives" mainly from trying out new gear in the shop pool and from my Rescue Diver course where every time I surfaced with a rescued diver for 60s or more it logged that as an independent dive. I have a dozen or more "dives" of only a few minutes duration I want gone but even deleting them on the Perdix 2 still prompts to download them all. Restore Mode has been off the entire time.

Attachments

• perdix 2 unwanted dives.jpg
    perdix 2 unwanted dives.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 12
any updates on this? I have the same concern regarding my Perdix 2 and Shearwater Cloud. I have the Dive 0 as well as a handful of other unwanted "dives" mainly from trying out new gear in the shop pool and from my Rescue Diver course where every time I surfaced with a rescued diver for 60s or more it logged that as an independent dive. I have a dozen or more "dives" of only a few minutes duration I want gone but even deleting them on the Perdix 2 still prompts to download them all. Restore Mode has been off the entire time.
There is a solution for this. At least going forward.
Change the End Dive delay to the max. Default it is quite low. I have mine on my Perdix set to 10 minutes. That should cut down on a bunch of short dives.

As for now, I'm not sure if this is possible in Shearwater Cloud. I use Subsurface and it is available. In Subsurface, there is an option to select a couple dives and merge them. I'm away from my computer that has Shearwater Cloud, so not sure if this is a possibility.

There is a solution for this. At least going forward.
Change the End Dive delay to the max. Default it is quite low. I have mine on my Perdix set to 10 minutes. That should cut down on a bunch of short dives.

As for now, I'm not sure if this is possible in Shearwater Cloud. I use Subsurface and it is available. In Subsurface, there is an option to select a couple dives and merge them. I'm away from my computer that has Shearwater Cloud, so not sure if this is a possibility.

Thanks! I actually came across that this morning looking through the settings. Default is to 60s. I set it to 5 mins but shouldn't really be an issue anytime soon. With the 10min setting you use, does the dive log show the entire 10 min on the surface in your graph and count that 10 min toward your total dive time? Or does it still end the stats/graph when you first surface?

I downloaded subsurface last week as I couldn't find a way to export/print a simple dive log list (like a 1-2 page summary of my total dives). It's nice to just import the dives you want from Shearwater Cloud but I like the simplicity of the Shearwater interface.

With the 10min setting you use, does the dive log show the entire 10 min on the surface in your graph and count that 10 min toward your total dive time? Or does it still end the stats/graph when you first surface?

The time on the surface is not counted as dive time. After all, you are on the surface! You can also manually end a dive early. I sometimes do that once I'm on the boat or, if a shore dive, back on shore. All that it does is allow you to continue the prior dive if you descend within that end dive delay. Only in that event does it pick back up the prior dive. But that surface time is still not added to the dive time. It accurately tracks time, depth, nitrogen loading, etc.

The time on the surface is not counted as dive time. After all, you are on the surface! You can also manually end a dive early. I sometimes do that once I'm on the boat or, if a shore dive, back on shore. All that it does is allow you to continue the prior dive if you descend within that end dive delay. Only in that event does it pick back up the prior dive. But that surface time is still not added to the dive time. It accurately tracks time, depth, nitrogen loading, etc.

Perfect, I'll bump it up to max then. I assume then the only potential downside would be the comp staying in dive mode on the shore/boat and not being able to access the "surface" functions until you manually end the dive or the 10 min elapses? Will it start yelling at you if turn the tank gas off on the boat?

Perfect, I'll bump it up to max then. I assume then the only potential downside would be the comp staying in dive mode on the shore/boat and not being able to access the "surface" functions until you manually end the dive or the 10 min elapses? Will it start yelling at you if turn the tank gas off on the boat?

Correct. When you go to scroll through the surface functions it just asks you if you want to end the dive. No, it doesn't yell at you when you turn the tank off. If you haven't ended the dive manually, after the delay period it simply ends the dive and puts the computer in surface interval mode.

Update on the Dive 0 problem:

I contacted Shearwater a few weeks ago. They had me try some things (like deleting app and reinstalling), but it didn't work.

They just released a new version of the Cloud software for desktop and android (i'm guessing IOS too). They added a new option to address this. In the Connect menu, select your computer, then hit the hamburger menu (3 horizontal lines), select "Clear Cache", and that should fix it. It did for me.

I have to say I am impressed with the support that Shearwater provided.

Also of note ... the new version supports the just announced Peregrine TX.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom