Permanently chinked regulator MARES breathing hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Always Breath:
Sounds like an unofficial recall to me. If there is nothing wrong with the hoses, then why replace them and why another maker?

To me, it sounds like customer service from a manufacturer trying to keep it's customers (both the authorized dealer and end user) happy.

Always Breath:
So, there is nothing wrong with the hoses, but they will replace any of them for free with a hose from another maker. Sounds like an unofficial recall to me. If there is nothing wrong with the hoses, then why replace them and why another maker? Larry this chink does not look good at all. I hope you trust this nat’l guy. I changed mine because it's my life.
Now that we have heard from your SALES people, I'd like to see what Freed the hose expert finds out; after all he works with hoses everyday.
I am willing to send my hose to fred the hose expert,or someone else qualified to "check it out." I'm going to buy a new one. So, larry, or fred, let me know & i'll send it to you to find out something!!

Originally Posted by Always Breath
Sounds like an unofficial recall to me. If there is nothing wrong with the hoses, then why replace them and why another maker?

miesemer:
To me, it sounds like customer service from a manufacturer trying to keep it's customers (both the authorized dealer and end user) happy.

My thoughts as well. When I met with Mike today, we sat in my office and I told him that some folks on the scubaboard had asked about this... And I wanted to post a response straight from the company instead of 100 guys all drawing their conclusions. He told me straight out that they saw it occasionally on a reg that was coiled up tight that a crease would happen in the hose - so they sent them to the engineers in Italy to research to see if there was a problem. They ran tests and concluded there were no safety problems associated with it.

It would have been just as easy for him to ask me to say nothing... After the Scubapro coverups that bit them in the butt, all the manufacturers I've dealt with have been quick to fix any potential problems, realizing the cost of fixing a problem is far cheaper than dealing with the consequences later. Since they have looked into this and had folks that know far more about this than me draw the conclusion that it is no problem, I've a tendency to believe them.

And as miesemer stated, his offer to replace the hose to any of our customers if someone wanted it done - simply good customer service.

If anyone wants to do independent testing on it, I'm sure they'd be open to listening to the results - whether or not they came to the same conclusion.

Back
Top Bottom