Personal Gear Package-yay or nay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am all for the online retailers like ScubaToys and Divers-Supply who are also LDSs.
I have bought things from the much discussed and debated LeisurePro. I am also a loyal customer at my LDS.

I bought my personal gear from my LDS. They offered a "in water fit" policy. I exchanged two masks, fins and a pair of boots during my OW class and after my OW Cdives. I spent more $ than if I bought online, but with shipping, delivery time and maybe a restocking fee or no return for using the gear I came out even.

Buy everything else; BC, regulator (many people will give you the "it's life support" speech. I bought my reg and computer from my LDS because you can't buy the brands online, but if they were available online I would have considered online), dive computer, gauges, compass, clips, retractors, weights (only if it's free shipping), wetsuit, hood, gloves, knife, light, sausage, gear bags, and maybe tanks if it's free shipping from the onliners. They offer a wide selection and usually fast delivery with quality customer service. However, don't alienate your LDS. They are the business who can most immediately help you out with your equipment.

It all comes down to choice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom