Personal Luxury Submarine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Moved to NDR

No internal bulkheads? Humm, any hull breach would really suck.

No internal bulkheads? Humm, any hull breach would really suck.

I believe the dive chamber, engine room (access to the mini-sub), control room and upper deck areas are each separately sealed.

It sure would be cool to have a luxury yacht that you could take to 1000 FSW for 3 weeks while entertaining, eating gourmet food and sipping on fine wine. That's my kind of dive; it sure beats saturation!

yes, but would the mini-sub be capable of flight...ala Voyage to the Bottom of the sea (the old TV series)

How about a fuel cell for AIP work.

I see the Navy and Coast Guard getting real tight about this.

The big question is how much cocai.....er.....cargo can you haul undetected from port to port?

Given the number of semi-submersable vehicles that are used for smugling now, the Coast Guard, Navy and the folks from Homeland Security are going to LOVE this.

One thing to consider.... I'm just saying .....

Dolphin voyeurs kill the mood for saucy submariners

Some of the world's richest people are reportedly using their private submarines to indulge in deep-sea sex in front of panoramic marine vistas.

But these aquatic trysts are sometimes interrupted by groups of voyeuristic dolphins, which excitedly tap on windows with their beaks.

One of the world's top designers of luxury subs, US Submarines president Bruce Jones, told Bloomberg that dolphins were a problem for the amorous owners of his multi-million dollar vessels.

"Dolphins are easily excited when they sense people making love. They get jealous and bang their noses against the window," Mr Jones said.

The best solution was to block the dolphins out with a set of curtains, he said.

Another top designer, Herve Jaubert of Dubai-based Exomos, told Bloomberg his clients wrestled "with how to conduct a deep-sea love affair in front of an observation window without creating an underwater paparazzi".

Around 100 luxury submarines are believed to be submerged in the world's oceans, but it is not known who owns the majority of these undersea palaces.

Russian billionaire Chelsea Football Club owner Roman Abramovich has a submarine, as does Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen.

If I ever hit the lottery (well, if I ever buy a ticket and hit the lottery) that'll be my live aboard and I'll go back to my college nickname, "Nemo." (they called me that because my dive gear was so patched and ratty that I looked like I'd been 20,000 leagues under the sea ... on foot!)

yes, but would the mini-sub be capable of flight...ala Voyage to the Bottom of the sea (the old TV series)

Not for a mere $78 mil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom