Perth woman dead on Sanko Harvest wreck - Western Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
I can't find any other news sites with the story that are not blocked by paywalls. This was released on Twitter and FB: ABC Goldfields-Esperance
A Perth woman has died while scuba diving at a popular Esperance dive spot off the southwest coast of WA.
The woman was part of a charter group diving on the Sanko Harvest shipwreck on Saturday morning.
Police said concerns were raised after a member of the group noticed the woman was unresponsive in the water.
The 62-year-old was brought back to the surface where emergency first aid was provided, but could not be revived.
Police said the cause of death was unknown and a report was being prepared for the coroner.

Rebreather diver, I know her name and some brief details of what may have happened. Sad.
Any more details on this other than that it was someone known to you? 《Mod edit》

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Unless the deceased's name has been reported in the press/released by the authorities, the special rules of A&I preclude the use of the deceased's name here on Scubaboard.

Any more details on this other than that it was someone known to you? 《Mod edit》

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Unless the deceased's name has been reported in the press/released by the authorities, the special rules of A&I preclude the use of the deceased's name here on Scubaboard.

My humblest condolences to her friends family and many many dive buddies.

SEARCH ARTICLES

Jenny Ough: Tributes flow for scuba diver who died off coast of Esperance

6 DAYS AGO |
By Claire Sadler VERIFIED
| The West Australian VERIFIED
The West Australian exclusiveClaire SadlerThe West AustralianTue, 2 May 2023 6:25PMPremiumHeartbroken family and friends of a scuba diver who died while exploring an underwater shipwreck off the Esperance coast have said she passed away doing what she loved. Perth woman Jenny Ough was part of a diving charter trip to the Sanko Harvest shipwreck when tragedy struck about 9am on Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom