Petition to save Blue Heron Blvd Bridge from Collectors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have never dived (dove) the Blue Heron bridge; my schedule never seems to allow it. But I intend to dive it, and I signed.

Good Luck!

Great place to dive when the ocean is a little too wild, or even when it is not. Love the Bridge. We did see a fish type vac truck, with a long vac hose on the bridge a couple of years ago. I thought that was kind of strange. Way too easy to get fish store fish. Felt like cutting his hose!

The truck was getting seawater for the aquarium trade...:dork2::dork2:

Want to make that illegal too.

Well, I signed it, now what else can we do to keep the ding bats from ruining a really great place to dive?

Capt D.

Check your email. There will be a confirmation of your signing the petition, along with a section to copy and paste to email to your friends to get more signatures. This is a great idea, and long in coming. It frustrates me to no end to see people with large bags of containers kidnapping these beautiful creatures and denying divers the right to swim amongst them.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Years ago I use to breed Atlantic marine tropicals and take the baby fish there to give them a safe home so I could continue to observe their development. One weekend I notices some fisherman "drying out" some angelfish on the pavement. They said that those fish were stealing their bait! Made me sick. ALL FISHING AND COLLECTING NEEDS TO BE STOPPED AT THAT BRIDGE! It is a great research site.

Years ago I use to breed Atlantic marine tropicals and take the baby fish there to give them a safe home so I could continue to observe their development. One weekend I notices some fisherman "drying out" some angelfish on the pavement. They said that those fish were stealing their bait! Made me sick. ALL FISHING AND COLLECTING NEEDS TO BE STOPPED AT THAT BRIDGE! It is a great research site.

All fishing should stop? The county spent a bunch of money to have a safe FISHING pier there. Now you people want to stop fishing also? They seem to have effectively banned night diving there, maybe if they ban all diving there then the fish and invertebrates will be safe!

I'm in. Hopefully this can preserve the great diving we have there.

All fishing should stop? The county spent a bunch of money to have a safe FISHING pier there. Now you people want to stop fishing also? They seem to have effectively banned night diving there, maybe if they ban all diving there then the fish and invertebrates will be safe!

Make it "Catch and Release" fishing only with barb-less hooks. Just because people don't eat certain fish...why kill them? Angel and butterfly fish look great underwater but look bad dries up on pavement.

Make it "Catch and Release" fishing only with barb-less hooks. Just because people don't eat certain fish...why kill them? Angel and butterfly fish look great underwater but look bad dries up on pavement.

Some pathetic divers stand on coral reefs. Some idiot fisherman leave ornamental reef fish to die on the pavement. I don't think fishing or diving should be banned because of either activity.

BTW, I dove there today and my 9-yr old son and I saw a flying gurnard, a bat fish, an octopus out of his hole, a lobster, a big eel and all the other ususal things.

signed, the bridge and diving palm beach is the only reason we travel to the area and spend our dollars. I can't understand why the local officials don't promote the valuable resource they have. I have been with all three of the dive operators listed above. They are excellent operators and great people. GIVE THEM SOME HELP. DIVE DIVE DIVE

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom