Phi Phi - Phuket and potentially missing my flight..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think i need to be at the airport 2 hours before for AirAsia. It looks like it is going to be hit or miss weather i make it or not so i think i will have to travel back to Phuket the day before... Would going back to Karon/Kata be going in the wrong direction? I have only ever stayed in this area of Phuket..

Is there a option of private hire boat? I have seen speed boats whizzing past me before on my way to PhiPhi...

The Air Asia check-in counter closes 45 minutes before the scheduled departure time for flights to KUL. If you're checked in, you'll make the flight, even allowing for time to clear immigration (barring overstays or other issues with your passport/visa/etc.). It's a small airport with maximum walking time to the gate after immigration being about 5 minutes. The issue would be if you didn't make it to the check-in counter before it closed, and you can attenuate a bit of that by doing web-check-in, though you still need to approach the counter for passport check and baggage tagging.

Private boat hire is prohibitively expensive (more than 10K THB).

Private speedboat would I guess be around 25,000 Baht.

If I were you I'd stay as close to the airport as possible, since a transfer to your hotel will be included in the ferry ticket. This means that e.g. Patong would be a better choice than Kata. Also Phuket Town is closer to the airport than Kata is.

---------- Post added November 30th, 2012 at 11:21 AM ----------

Just thought of something. From Phuket it is also possible to rent single spaces in speedboats for the transfer, I would presume this would be possible from Phi Phi as well. Might be worth looking into.

Could it be an option to change your flight ? Instead of Phuket-KL you could do Krabi-KL... Getting to Krabi airport would be much easier from Phi Phi...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom