Photos From Tenggol Island, Malaysia!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ed_Dman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Just wanted to share some of the shots I took last weekend, in Tenggol Island! :)

20060707tenggoljuly00149dr.jpg

20060707tenggoljuly00160ii.jpg

20060707tenggoljuly00228yg.jpg

20060708tenggoljuly00309gn.jpg

20060708tenggoljuly00422du.jpg

20060709tenggoljuly00791bk.jpg

To Be Continue........ :D

Happy Diving & Keep Those Bubbles Flowing!

Ed.

Jason Ooi:

????? I didn't get what you mean Jason! :huh:

Ed.

Beautiful Pics... What kind of camera setup do you use? I'm not a professional underwater photographer... but i was considering buying those underwater cases for my canon powershot. At least for starters. What do you think??

Powershot is a decent camera! Actually some powershots are more than decent. You can get good results with those. Just remember to use manual white balance. Or actually check that your camera has one before getting a housing. Without that you need an external strobe to get good shots. I started with canon powershot a70 and was quite satisfied with the results. Especially focus was very fast. That helps alot as you and your target tend to move. I didn't use zoom since you pretty fast end up having low shutter speed but I tried to ge as close as possible. That's the key for getting good photos. Get close, shoot, get closer, shoot, get even closer, shoot, but don't harrash sealife :)

Sorry if I stole your thread Ed :D

Thanks Kapula & ScubaChick!

I'm using the Canon PowerShot S80! It's a really good camera & affordable too! It's good enough for, cos I'm no Pro either! :wink:

Just like what Kapula said, Canon have some really cool cameras! I'm sure you'll be able to get some really good tips from the Pros in here!

Kapula - No problemo buddy! Infact, you're actually sharing rather than stealing! :wink:

Ed.

Well then I can go a bit more offtopic :) My buddy is to spend 6 months starting january in Penang island Malesia. Where would you recommend to go diving from there? Are there good waters around Penang? I'm planning to visit him and at least go to Thailand to dive. I've been in Kota Kinabalu once but those waters were all dynamited. Loads of small critters but as I had just started diving I didn't pay that much attention to them. Now I'd kill to see that many seahorses :D

Well! There are a couple of places that you can go to nearby Penang, but the water and diving is not that good. I would recommend that you go to the islands around Terengganu (Redang, Perhentian, Lang Tengah or my favorite, Tenggol). The only problem is, the monsoon season starts around mid of October! Then you won't be able to dive there till March next year! :wink:
Borneo has some really good macro and muck diving! :D

Ed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom