Picked up some Free Diving Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Waterwulf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I was talking with a young man and complimented him on his vintage old diving gear. So he gave it to me! All of it right there on the spot! It wasn't anything to brag about and was laying in the dirt behind his house but I tried to be calm as I loaded it up and took it. All of it!
A couple of steel 72's, last hydro'd in 1995.
7O6Mt7l.png

A nice old J Valve
SvRlcsD.png

Another nice old J valve
Ec5P6Gk.png

An Voit Swim master regulator
AM6LLvo.png

An ATM Waterlung regulator
q658d46.png

An old style tank carrier
n9FGxZ6.png

And neatest of all, a Horse Collar Buoyancy Compensator in near perfect condition! It held pressure for 24 hours and all of the seams seem perfect. It looks almost new but I've never seen this model before. It has no CO2 inflator. The power inflator is marked ScubaPro. It has one over pressure bleed valve and the shoulder dump.
ror1jbo.png

ykTZTlZ.png

I've already converted it over to a parachute style harness and added some pockets. This BC is much newer that all of the other ones that I've seen. It's a keeper! Does anybody know what brand it is?

Score! Are you still married?

Yeah, I'm still married! In fact, she was the one who told me to take it!! She refuses to stick her head underwater but she encourages me to!

I plan on selling the regulators but will keep the tanks if they pass a Hydro. I'll use the J valves and the BC. Even if the tanks fail, I'll still use the J valves on other tanks.

There was more free stuff too. A set of neoprene gloves and a head piece but it was rotted so it's history. A set of Jet Fins cleaned up nicely with no cracking except the straps were rotted.
gpmDoXn.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom