pics from todays dive, 5/15/12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
headed out towards molasses this morning under questionable skies. zero boats on Mo equates to lots of current, deep sites undoable. viz looked excellent so we elected to dive M19 as the benwood, french reef and the speigel were jammed with dive boats. only 1 dive today(90 min) as thunderstorms moved in(lightening around, not so good on a 22ft center console!)during our surface interval. nice having internet access on the water as we were able to view realtime WX radar. 2 ft seas, cloudy skies, blue water, viz 80-100FT, strong current, water temp 78F @ 22-38FT. a few eagle rays and lots of fish. hoping to get out tomorrow,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 152
  • untitled1.jpg
    untitled1.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 136
  • untitled2.jpg
    untitled2.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 128
  • untitled3.jpg
    untitled3.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 125
  • untitled4.jpg
    untitled4.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 130
  • untitled5.jpg
    untitled5.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 137
  • untitled6.jpg
    untitled6.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 123
  • untitled7.jpg
    untitled7.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 128
  • untitled8.jpg
    untitled8.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 157
  • untitled9.jpg
    untitled9.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 131
  • untitled10.jpg
    untitled10.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 130
  • untitled11.jpg
    untitled11.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 131
  • untitled12.jpg
    untitled12.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 134
  • untitled13.jpg
    untitled13.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 128
  • untitled14.jpg
    untitled14.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Reefman,
Really nice pics. I love number 8. Looks like (s)he is ready to have a conversation with you.

Marc

Reefman,
Really nice pics. I love number 8. Looks like (s)he is ready to have a conversation with you.

Marc

Thank you Marc. There were 4 together, but I could not get them aligned for a good shot. Then one turned face to face, and then they took off. Reefman found them and said later he had never seen 4 together like that

Nice shot of the spider crab. I'm seeing more and more large ones up my way. Has anyone ever tried them? The ones I saw today were larger than colassal stone crab claws. I checked the FWC regs and couldn't much in the way of limits. Anyone know?

they are good to eat.

they are good to eat.

Thanks, Next time out I'll take a few claws and give the stone crab prep and see how it goes. Gives me something else to do since Stone Crab season just ended and I pulled my traps.

Nice shot of the spider crab. I'm seeing more and more large ones up my way. Has anyone ever tried them? The ones I saw today were larger than colassal stone crab claws. I checked the FWC regs and couldn't much in the way of limits. Anyone know?

Thanks Reck Diver. I had never seen one out on top of the pillar coral like that. Just before that I found two in a giant barrel sponge, bt could not get a good shot. Starting to see them a lot.

Great pix. Murphy has been with the Mrs and I. Bilge pump shot,auto float shot(bilge filled with water scary),GPS shot(lost all waypoints) and Mrs camera flooded. All repaired except camera, waiting on that. Did someone bring a banana on my boat?:banana:

Great pix. Murphy has been with the Mrs and I. Bilge pump shot,auto float shot(bilge filled with water scary),GPS shot(lost all waypoints) and Mrs camera flooded. All repaired except camera, waiting on that. Did someone bring a banana on my boat?:banana:

Thanks DT. I have met Murphy before, I don't like him either. We were going to got out today, but looks like the t-storms will not let us.

i'm now having second thoughts about getting together with you guys for a day of diving! doppler radar depicted about 3 inches of precip had fallen in 1 hour early this morning in the upper keys. iv'e had my boat 10 years and iv'e replaced both bilge pumps twice as well as the float switches. boats are friggin money pits,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom