Picture of the octopus under the honey bear....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yukoneer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
P8120298a.jpg

that octopus was tough to take pictures of due to backscatter and distance... did a ton of playing around, found out the best way to take a pic of it was to turn off my camera flash, and use my C8 eLED as lighting off to it's side (instead of directly at it). What do you guys think of the picture?

more pictures at: www.yukoneer.com/scuba

So that's what it REALLY looked like! All I could see was some sort of a reddish/orangish blob!

Thank you!

Peter Guy:
So that's what it REALLY looked like! All I could see was some sort of a reddish/orangish blob!

Thank you!
I think that was in part due to the fact that heavy diver traffic had the silt kicked up, and partly due to your halogen light ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

yeah, halogen lights are nowhere as vivid as LED's and HID's

I'm sorry about the silt-kicking, really I am . . . :)

TSandM:
I'm sorry about the silt-kicking, really I am . . . :)
LOL ... you can't take "credit" for that one ... it was pretty well silted up when we got there. The hole where the second octopus is denning was so silted I didn't even bother trying to show it to you ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Hola amigo, where did you take that pic. I am from Edmonds but now live in P.V. mexico. Just got my cert in april, now have 40 dives and love it. I have some nice video of octopus here, not huge, but nice little guys. Learned in the warm water here and almost dread diving the cold P.S. when I go up and visit. What camera do you use, I have a canons70 powereshot and am very impressed with it.

yukoneer:
where's the 2nd hole? (the other side of that picture?)

Downslope side, about 3/4 of the way back toward the stern ... look for the crabshell trail ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom