Pig Popper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like you guys have been enjoying the cold weather.

Willie

We once had a more traditional 'spud gun' powered by hairspray and a spark....shoulder mounted with sighting tube. :14:

I was thinking about using CO2 to charge the system. It's non flameable and I could just a run line straight off of the little gas bottle we'll be using to pressurize the beer keg.

do it easy:
That the heck is going on in Texas!!! Do they teach this stuff in kindergarten??? :confused:

I'm so jealous!!! So if you see me approaching, don't shoot- I'll be waving a dive flag and I'll have a case of beer with me!

I guess those of us who won't be carrying a case of beer are just out of luck.

We're going to be popped by the pig popper. :(

I will bring along 100 virgins, each yielding a case of beer... oh, who am I kidding, you can't even find 100 virgins in an eighth grade class these days.

Big onions work well too. Bevel the end of the barrel and get onions that are just bigger than the barrel so that the bevel cuts the onions to size. It make a great seal.

Becareful if using hairspray, propane, acetalene etc. :flame: A pressurized air cannon (aka bycicle pump) is almost impossible to prosecute unless you hurt someone or damage someone's property. If you start using an accelerant and a spark it changes the game completely, now you are talking an "explosive device".

:m16:

Hemlon:
Is that thing sitting on your living room floor?

Your wife must be so tolerant!

Shoot No !!! You have to be kidding.
Neither Laura or I would ever allow a tacky carpet like that in our
basement much less on the living room floor!
:D

Ya'll have got way to much free time of your hands! (Actually, I'm just jealous)

But you know, if you attached some thin leads to each side of your projectile, put them onto spools maybe you could make a guided system ala TOW missle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom