Pin hole in BC inflator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mmurphey

Reaction score
I just found a very tiny hole in the rubber of the low pressure inflator hose on my BC. I was wondering if there is something I could patch it with that would be acceptably safe, or if I should just get a new rubber hose for it?

Thanks for any help!

mmurphey:
I just found a very tiny hole in the rubber of the low pressure inflator hose on my BC. I was wondering if there is something I could patch it with that would be acceptably safe, or if I should just get a new rubber hose for it?

Thanks for any help!

It's a $10 rubber hose. If it was something like the o-ring in the connector yah sure. But a leak in the rubber? No way.

Get a new hose. They way the rubber stretches it is very hard to patch successfully and if you have one hole, you will probably soon have many more. And as indicated above, it's a $10 item and you'd spend half that amount on glue to try to patch it.

mmurphey:

Thanks for any help!

Like the others said, New hose. A small hole in your inflator is the beginning of a big hole in your inflator (bad news) and anything you do to try fixing it, in my experience, won't hold for long enough to make it worth the effort.

Every BCD I've ever had has needed a new inflator hose every 200 dives or so. It's normal maintenance.

R..

Ditto what everyone said. I had a pinhole there before, and temporarily plugged it from the inside with some shoe-goo. It didn't leak, but I replaced the hose as soon as I could. I replaced it with a shorter one, as the original one was much longer than necessary. It's a good time to adjust the hose length. Mike's scuba and abyss sell various lengths of those convoluted hoses online.

-tiny-B.

Back
Top Bottom