Pipin Ferreras - Freediving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

actually albion, according to a recent article in the Sun-Sentinel ( fort lauderdale ) they mention how the tank not being filled correctly was THE CONTRIBUTING FACTOR to her death. Don't question my literacy.

911_abuser once bubbled...
actually albion, according to a recent article in the Sun-Sentinel ( fort lauderdale ) they mention how the tank not being filled correctly was THE CONTRIBUTING FACTOR to her death. Don't question my literacy.

The only Sun-Sentinel article I could find was the second one mentioned by flima_brazil. The article is dated 7 February 2003.

If you have other information please share it.

On a side note, I don't think your screen name is very funny.

hey cornfed she died for the simple reason that her tank wasnt filled. point blank thats what it was. its her fault she passed, may she of course rest in peace.

My fiancee''s perspective on this whole issue after reading the Sports Illustrated article (I believe it was S/I) was similar, however she observed it this way:

"So you really cannot rely on anyone else to check your gear, you must always do it yourself then, right?"

Coming from a NAUI basic OW student diver, it was a watershed moment in our scuba relationship. She was becoming a truly self-sufficient diver.

Regarding Audrey, her final gift was this gift of truth to my fiancee' and hopefully also to other new divers as well.

Audrey has also given us one more reason why chasing world records is not worth it.

Karl_in_Calif once bubbled...

My fiancee''s perspective on this whole issue after reading the Sports Illustrated article (I believe it was S/I)

Did you read anything else about the accident... oh, I don't know... maybe McCoy's report?

hiccup

I don't know. I think I'm more likely to believe Sports Illustrated and the Sun-Sentinal than some silly, little IAFD organization. I mean... SI... they're proffessionals. They know sports.

saying once bubbled...
I don't know. I think I'm more likely to believe Sports Illustrated and the Sun-Sentinal than some silly, little IAFD organization. I mean... SI... they're proffessionals. They know sports.

Ad hominem attacks on the quality of various information sources are not sufficient to refute conjectures drawn from said sources. If you want to continue with this debate then you must cease your frivolous ad hominem attack because the rest of us are adults and you clearly aren't. And besides, the sky is blue so I clearly win this argument... so there!

ok....i work for the fire department. i jokingly abuse the people who call 911. you know...the phone number people call when they need help. dont refer to september 11th as "nine eleven." it tends to lessen its importance.

regarding the issue of whom to believe...

do you take the account for what it is from the organization that might have the most to lose? or do you believe publications that could care less of the ramifications of what they report?

ok....i work for the fire department. i jokingly abuse the people who call 911. you know...the phone number people call when they need help. dont refer to september 11th as "nine eleven." it tends to lessen its importance.

I'm also a firefigher (although I don't really work for the fire department :wink: ) and as such don't like prank calls.

regarding the issue of whom to believe...

do you take the account for what it is from the organization that might have the most to lose? or do you believe publications that could care less of the ramifications of what they report?

Have you read McCoy's report?

Back
Top Bottom