Places to Dive for Venture Crew

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all:

I'm a PADI Divemaster and Master Diver, Red Cross Life Guard and BSA merit badge councilor for 14 badges interested in Scout/youth SCUBA programs/trips. My son is functionally a Junior Master Diver, but being age 11 (50 dives, 6 cards) will not be doing BSA trips for a few years. Our local shop is doing a Cozumel trip for the younger divers this summer.

Y'all up in Colorado might consider Balmorhea (San Solomon Spring) in West Texas. State Park for camping, depth in the 20's, loaded with small fish and turtles, with air available nearby.

Dave
Troop 511
San Antonio, TX

BSA Sea Base was the best trip that I had taken in my life. I recieved my advanced certification down their and would suggest the same to anyone else. Definitely get basic cert. before going down ... it would be a wasted trip to spend so much time in the pool (as opposed to sea water).

JFYR, Scouts I'm an Oceanography Merit Badge Councillor for the Alamo Area Council (Troop 511). Ever consider taking a Project Aware class or doing a river/lake cleanup for a service project?

I just put a post up on another thread. I have a Crew Planning a trip to Bonaire 23 June to 30 June 2007. We leave from Baltimore. We have 8 slots open. I would welcome another Crew Joining Ours. Our cost is $1375 including Air Fare. The only thing not included is lunch and dinner. Which from our past trips we mixed self made lunches and dinners, Luaus, Pizza nights and restaruant stops to add flexibility. I need a mix of youth and adults (willing to drive while on island).
YIS

Thanks all for the information. BSA's Florida Sea Base is where we did our live aboard scuba program.

This was our first real scuba adventure so I am trying to find out of there are any good resources that have lists of locations that offer good deals for Scouts, or have programs that are geared to Venturing.

Emerald Bay, In West Los Angeles Council is on Catalina Island...and White's Landing in Orange County Council, also on Catalina Island...in Pac Ocean...a ferry ride away. Both are really cool, scuba places...also, kayak and hiking avaiable. Emerald Bay depths are no deeper than 50 ish. White's has more of a variety of options....

YIS,
Laurel
Crew Advisor C623
Saddleback District, OC Council

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom