Places to eat on Bonarie 2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was at Buddy Dive Resort the first week of October, and wanted to share that the little supermarket within walking distance just north of BDR is really nice. They have lots of vegan and plant-based options. The produce looked good too, though it was all in plastic wrap, which kept me from buying much fresh stuff.

Oh, and while I was not impressed at all with Rum Runners in general (over at Capt Don’s), they have a BBQ smoked tofu with pumpkin which is absolutely bangin! The place was super busy and understaffed though. I wouldn’t go there again except for that one particular dish.

I think that's on you then! Haha! Couldn't resist! :) If you haven't been to Sebastian's or Chef's Bonaire, I highly recommend both the next time you go. And if you're a taco fan, Carlito's is new and awesome. Happy diving!
Be warned I just tried to book a reservation for chefs and they are fully booked till late March 2024.

Be warned I just tried to book a reservation for chefs and they are fully booked till late March 2024.
We stayed at the Bamboo Bonaire Resort where Chefs is located. Besides being a truly wonderful place to stay, they save tables for guests of the hotel. We were there in June 2023 and were able to get a table during our stay With just a day or 2 notice.

We stayed at the Bamboo Bonaire Resort where Chefs is located. Besides being a truly wonderful place to stay, they save tables for guests of the hotel. We were there in June 2023 and were able to get a table during our stay With just a day or 2 notice.
Yep, we managed to get one of those tables from a cancellation. Just as nice an experience as the people at the bar imo.

I’m late to this party, but of everyone‘s favorite Bonaire restaurants, for which do you need reservations? I’m staying at Buddy’s in March and they recommend reservations for Blennies and Ingridients, so now I’m thinking I should pick and reserve our dinner spots now.

Joe's, Capriccio, It Rain's Fishes, Sebastian's, Eddy's (near Buddy's!) to name a few. I usually reserve a few of our favorites before we arrive, and then fill in once on the island. There are lots of good restaurants, but they are usually small and intimate.

There are three of us in our group, including a vegetarian, who have been at Den Laman for a week now, and have a few to emphasize and one to add. Cactus Blue was a hit with all of us. My wife and I wish we had gone to Kite City instead of Stoked because the person who went there raved about her tuna burger, whereas our meals were good but not rave worthy. @scubadada has mentioned Pita Madre food truck and the new pizza place, Pizza Mare Bonaire. Both were absolutely excellent! At both places we each ordered something different and we all three were extremely happy with our meals.

For the one to add, Tandoor Palace. Fantastic food, fantastic service. Just great. This and Pizza Mare were very quick with our food, also, even though they were pretty busy.

A special mention goes to Breeze ‘n Bites for best recovery. When we were here last year we weren’t very impressed. The food is great this year. The drinks vary depending on who’s bartending. Service is still slow as can be, but we’re ok with that.

Joe’s tomorrow night.

Erik

Back
Top Bottom