• Tech diver: I always plan my dive, and dive my plan

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Tech diver: I usually plan my dive, but I am happy to deviate

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Tech diver: I always plan to dive, and dive my computer

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I seldom find myself on a boat that I don't know which site I will be going to in advance.

I guess that caves don't move around much... :)

Plan you dive, dive your plan for recreational dives can just mean to engage your brain. I always do that...well usually!

I plan and follow the plan.

For most of my dives, the plan is simple: go down, have fun, and come back up on gas (rock bottom) or deco - whatever comes first. Preferably not too far away from the entry point.

The "plan" is a set of common goals and expectations for a dive team - rarely a strict dive profile.

I seldom find myself on a boat that I don't know which site I will be going to in advance.

Then, does that mean you don't dive in locations affected by surge and current?
For example, the sites in Hawaii were 'sort of' planned, but would change depending on the DM's take of he area once he went down to hook up on the mooring line.

I guess that caves don't move around much... :)

:lol:

Oh. :) I took that to mean something about the type of cave or such.

You guys don't rec dive, do you? I mean, wouldn't warm water put you into shock or something? :popcorn:

I did close to 50 dives last summer in Cayman. Almost all were recreational and 100' or shallower.

I did close to 50 dives last summer in Cayman. Almost all were recreational and 100' or shallower.

:worship:

I won't speak for Cave Diver, but around here it means you deal with it.
:mooner:

For example, the sites in Hawaii were 'sort of' planned, but would change depending on the DM's take of he area once he went down to hook up on the mooring line.

:lol:

Oh boy. Here we go...

No, that's not what it means. I've done many dives where current can be a factor. Part of dive planning is researching the locations and knowing that's a possibility. You can make a general dive plan and then make adjustments on site to take conditions into consideration.

The problem here is: What is the definition of a dive plan?

I always have a plan in my head when I jump off the boat. But, there are times when I just listen carefully to a dive briefing, visualize the dive, and jump in. And then there are times when I have spent hours or even days planning a dive including detailed dive profiles.

Most of the time around here I think about where I am going to go and the dive I want to make for days or even weeks. I pick my days and times carefully due to currents but I don’t put anything on paper or calculate depth, time, or SAC rates. Is that a dive plan?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom