Planning an August trip -- Am I Crazy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We were there in August last year about 2 weeks after the Hurricane. Then was scheduled in November which got cancelled due to another hurricane. THen we went in February and had a great time. Now we are headed back June 14 and taking our grandson (who is a new diver 11yrs old) with us. Diving with Aldora and staying at the Aldora Villa. Kathy in Texas

My wife and I are going to be there Aug.5th-12th and it did not occur to me that would be in huricane season,I guess I'll have to look into trip Ins.. James wherein St.Louis do you live,I live in the St.Peters area.I'll have to go check out your web sight.Do you know anyone from Midwest or YiKiKi dive shops?

I often go in August, it's always a risk. Going to Turks & Caicos this August. You can't ever escape mother nature, doesn't help to run from it either.

robot225:
I often go in August, it's always a risk. Going to Turks & Caicos this August. You can't ever escape mother nature, doesn't help to run from it either.

But the good news is that the odds of a hurricane hitting right where you are, when you are there, are pretty low, even in the height of hurricane season. It's a risk, yes, but it's not that great a risk.

ggunn:
But the good news is that the odds of a hurricane hitting right where you are, when you are there, are pretty low, even in the height of hurricane season. It's a risk, yes, but it's not that great a risk.

Gordon,

I thought that too last October in Cozumel...well you know the rest and we can talk about it over a few brew-skis soon.

jpomerantz:
Gordon,

I thought that too last October in Cozumel...well you know the rest and we can talk about it over a few brew-skis soon.

Luck of the draw, man. Irrespective of the odds, every time it happens, it happens to somebody. Leon Negra, por favor. ;^)

ggunn:
Luck of the draw, man. Irrespective of the odds, every time it happens, it happens to somebody. Leon Negra, por favor. ;^)

No arguement there - just a lot of "..I told you so's.." from the better half!!:D

14 days and counting. First one's on me.

jpomerantz:
No arguement there - just a lot of "..I told you so's.." from the better half!!:D

14 days and counting. First one's on me.

Whassamatter? Didn't she like her Adventure Vacation? You have to pay extra for that!

7 days and counting. I'll have a head start on ya'! ;^)

Back
Top Bottom