Planning for Monday, 16th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave Dillehay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Dear Y'all,

If you are wanting to do a cenote trip, or take a day off diving, Monday the 16th might be a good day for that. All three weather sources I have indicate a possible, but not necessarily, a port closure. Again wind direction is the main contributor, with one saying north winds (bad news) and the other two predicting North-North East (not quite so bad).

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Last edited:
Not what I want to here :depressed:, I get to Coz tomorrow, guess I better get in some dives Sunday .

Learn where the Aldora office is and consider making an east side dive with them if the port closes.

The forecast does not look good for either side of the island. But who knows? Again, just a few degrees of wind shift can make a big difference and North-East screws up both sides.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

They're predicting a cold front to come through central TX this Saturday, that often means north winds in Coz a couple of days later. This one's not expected to last here, what's the outlook for the remainder of the week there?

At this time it does not look like it will persist long, with the wind shifting more easterly (good) on Tuesday. Again, it is more the wind angle than the wind speed.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Thanks for the heads up. Our op told us we might need some Dramamine Monday, but she hadn't mentioned possible closure yet.

Assuming I'm an awful person who does such things (at least I didn't harass the turtles today!) does Chankanaab run their dolphin swims if the port is closed?

assuming i'm an awful person who does such things (at least i didn't harass the turtles today!) does chankanaab run their dolphin swims if the port is closed?

omg.....

Back
Top Bottom