Please don't take this wrong...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wedivebc:
As a former member of the military (20 yrs navy) and an occasionally active reserve I am wondering what's the point of this club? Do military divers have special needs or considerations that civvies should be exempt from?
I am proud of my service and I am grateful for the service men/women who are putting their butts on the line right now, I just don't see the need for a special military divers group. Most of my dive buddys (not all) are civvies.

I could be wrong but I don't recall anywhere about the issues of this forum ever stating anything about civvies being exempt from participating in the topics that may arise in this forum. I'm sure every millitary person would gladly take some good advise about any experience of the subject from who ever it may be. Millitary people don't ask much for the services and the sacrafices that they make for their country. So, why are some against them asking for something as simple as a place for them to find information and dive buddies for where they are stationed or where they will be staioned ahead of time without having to go through the other 40,000 threads to find something.

Semper Fi,
to all the men and women serving

wedivebc:
As a former member of the military (20 yrs navy) and an occasionally active reserve I am wondering what's the point of this club? Do military divers have special needs or considerations that civvies should be exempt from?
I am proud of my service and I am grateful for the service men/women who are putting their butts on the line right now, I just don't see the need for a special military divers group. Most of my dive buddys (not all) are civvies.

Personally I think that wedivebc is all wet.

An excellent point Kaboom!

STOGEY:
Personally I think that wedivebc is all wet.

All are welcome in this forum. As military members, we preserve the basic rights, including the freedom of speech. Let's not get into mud-slinging here. Try to remain on topic. Live & Let Dive!

As the majority of the people in this forum know, the military has its own language, mentality and way of doing things. I dive with whoever is willing to go under, but enjoy talking with people with like interests who typically are...yes, military. This forum allows us to link and share stories, ideas etc.

Completely agree with everyone who mentions the frequent moves, etc. If I move somewhere new and there happens to be a brother-in-arms diver there, I would (personally) be comfortable going straight into a dive with that person, no matter what service. Of course I am still aware of maturity level and the ever present "appearance of fraternization" deal. I would say this is just because of the common instilled respect and comradeship of the military, common language, work experiences, that type of deal.
Don't get it twisted though! I am right now (as far as I know) the only diver in the active duty Army here in Wilmington. This just means that I have to put forth the effort to get to know someone, join a dive club (Aquatic Safaris), and explain different terms and ideals, which basically mean we have to stay at the bar longer......which in turn makes explanations harder.........which means more beer....... oh the pain :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom