Please help me buy a tank!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Resale value difference on these will be better though in 10 years, wouldn't you think?
Possibly, though maybe not. Really depends on location.

8” can be harder to sell, so that could limit market. The Sherwoods are actually made by Pressed Steel based on the Exemption number. These tanks have been highly sought after. PST no longer makes scuba tanks, so there won’t be more of them.

Resale value difference on these will be better though in 10 years, wouldn't you think?
Forget about resale value unless you are sure you will be giving up scuba in the near future (I regard anything I spend on scuba as sunk costs -- haha, sorry I had to throw that in). There will always be a market for used steel tanks in good condition.

Keep the tanks that work best for you. That's the only consideration that matters at the moment. Sell the others or keep them as backup tanks when you want to dive but can't get to the shop for a fill, or loaners for buddies etc.

Back
Top Bottom