Please help with Itinerary!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cold is OK. I'm in Alaska :D
Got it :D

A couple of Canadian friends were supposed to dive with me last December but they caught cold while in Egypt! Unfortunately they were not able to dive. So just take care. Neither Cairo nor the desert is as hot as you might think. Good for you that your desert plans come after the liveaboard.

Got it :D

A couple of Canadian friends were supposed to dive with me last December but they caught cold while in Egypt! Unfortunately they were not able to dive. So just take care. Neither Cairo nor the desert is as hot as you might think. Good for you that your desert plans come after the liveaboard.

I dive when I have a cold so that never stops me. I never colds either. Plus, you can't get a cold just from being-cold. If that was true everyone in this state would constantly be sick :D

But thanks for the concern. I am definitely taking hand sanitizer with me.

Expensive. If this was all we were doing I would go for it. But besides the fact that we aren't cruise ship types, a 4 night trip would run around $1500 and I think we can see the same sites a heck of a lot cheaper.

I'm not being cheap. Between the flight to get there and the liveaboard we are already at about $7000 :D. To stay longer I'm looking at cheaper options for the second 7-10 days.

Hey again Mickey.

I don't know who you're booking through or how expensive it is to get from Alaska. We are doing this thing for less than $1.000 and that is with the return fligt from New York, Hotel in Cairo 4* on way in and out, Nile Cruise and everything. And less than 1.500 for everything if you want it all in 5*. And then you actually get too go on a nice boat... :wink:

.......a.......

Hey again Mickey.

I don't know who you're booking through or how expensive it is to get from Alaska. We are doing this thing for less than $1.000 and that is with the return fligt from New York, Hotel in Cairo 4* on way in and out, Nile Cruise and everything. And less than 1.500 for everything if you want it all in 5*. And then you actually get too go on a nice boat... :wink:

.......a.......

The flight from Anc-Cairo alone is about $1400 per ticket :D and that's the cheapest option. We are doing a 10 day liveaboard dive trip so that's not cheap (about $1800 per person) but it's the reason for even going to Egypt in the first place.

My trip is more expensive than yours because of the type of trip it is and the distance to get there. No way around this part. The touristy side of the trip (visit to the ancient sites) is the stuff that I'm trying to do cheaper.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom