pls comment on scuba setup for noob :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think your package is a good one. If you want a bullet proof reg, stick with the Odin. It will serve you forever and won't go out of "style". If your going to a Nitrox computer only costs a few more bucks, go for it. I've only been diving for 28 years and haven't gone nitrox yet. Haven't found a need. But you never know. You may have a reason to spend twice as much on fills for no realistic gain. Let 'er rip!

jim

on the intergrated octo, most often you have to breath from the octo and your buddy breath from your second.

Just a note... a friend of mine purchased a new Oceanic reg, and found that his transmitter from his UWATEC computer would not fit in the first stage. He had it ingeniously engineered for the trip on what appeared to be an SPG hose that extended about 3 inches off the first stage. It worked... but...not ideal. Just my 2 psi about the Oceanic reg.

jeckyll:
I'm curious about the choice of regulator too. I've never looked at poseidons to closely, but was under the impression that they are fairly expensive. There are plenty of good regulators that won't break the bank and will give you great performance. :)

leisurepro have the Poseidon Jetstream/Odin for $399 which allows it to scape into my budget...considerably cheaper than other online retailers.

For the few extra bucks, it makes sense to get the Nitrox compatible computer JUST IN CASE you decide to go there. I haven't, but I've only been diving about seven years. Like SlimJim, I just haven't felt the need. Still, the ol' Boy Scout motto is a good philosophy, "Be prepared."

DivingCRNA:
I had a side exhaust on my Dacor Viper Metal. All the exhaust hit my left ear and bugged me. No I have a Zeagle ZX second stage and love it. I know the zeagle busts your budget. I am saying that side exhaust ws not that great for me.
leisurepro have the Zeagle Flathead VI/ZX Regulator, Din with Yoke Adaptor for $389. Is this the one you mean?

I wont be going for a intergrated octo ever. trying to breathe out of one of those while trying to asscend with a panicy buddy in a high pressure situation just seems like a recipe for disaster to me.

Back
Top Bottom