Plus Sized Ladies wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i know what you mean i 'm 5'7 weight 190 looked at sizing chart said large bought one off ebay its way to tight for me so guess ill be selling it an going to a LDS to try on to see what fitss the one i have would proble fit someone 5'8 or9 around 170lbs like a glove its never been wet

Success! I left the LDS (a different one than I talked about in my thread, and I had an EXCELLENT experience with them) today with a Deep Sea 3mm Women's XL and a L lycra dive skin. After trying on the suit alone and seeing it fit great but took a lot of fidgeting to get it settled, she suggested the dive skin underneath - WOW what a difference! Slid that suit on and off like butter! The neck is adjustable and everything fit great with excellent range of motion.

Total cost for both suits with tax: $175!

I'm exceedingly happy.

Congratulations! When and where do you break it in?

Pete

Congratulations! When and where do you break it in?

Pete

In the pool on Wednesday for confined water class. :11doh: First open water dive will be in March for checkouts in Florida!

Be sure to rinse it well in the shower or as home. Chlorine levels can vary but it's never the best thing for your suit. If it has any flashy color it would be a shame to bleach them down before the fishies see them.

Good luck with the check-outs, doing them in the Keys I take it?

Be sure to rinse it well in the shower or as home. Chlorine levels can vary but it's never the best thing for your suit. If it has any flashy color it would be a shame to bleach them down before the fishies see them.

Good luck with the check-outs, doing them in the Keys I take it?

Gainesville area, actually. :( Wishing it was the Keys. Hoping to make another trip there this summer if possible, we went last March before I knew how to dive and I still enjoyed it tremendously.

Now it's time to start looking for a 7mm. Scubatoys and LeisurePro both have a 7mm two piece jumpsuit/jacket combo for $130, in either men's or women's. I'm just worried about the largest women's fitting me and if it won't, being able to exchange it for a men's. I'll probably go with ScubaToys if they will let me exchange women's for men's, as LP's site says they will not. I'll be needing a 7mm for a northern Ohio dive in April!

Your roughly my wife's size, and she went with a mens XL short Bare Progressive suit. She likes the stretch to help her get it on and off. She's dove in the mid 60's with no problems. :)

Back
Top Bottom