PNW Dive groups?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Definitely a bit of both as divers tend to be good company! Just looking to stay active. I’ve been enjoying diving weekly/ daily and don’t want to just sit on the sidelines. I got certified with uw sports in Olympia in 2018. Got equipment, went a handful of times and just stopped diving in the pnw. I just ordered a dry suit in order to make it a bit more bearable.
Which dry suit did you go with? Custom made to measure?

Sea skin tri lam custom made , seems decent for the price
Brilliant! I was hoping to hear that. So much money saved and you get an amazing suit. There are quite a few SS trilams in our area.

GUE Seattle has Wednesday dives every week

IMG_4425.jpeg

Cove 2 is super sketchy with all the vagrants set up alongside the rode right there.
I wouldn't call it super sketchy by any means. There is always a pretty healthy flow of people in the parking lot by Marination getting on and off the foot ferry, fishing on the pier, or just walking on the waterfront trail. We (i.e. the GUE Seattle group) have not had any issues.

I wouldn't call it super sketchy by any means. There is always a pretty healthy flow of people in the parking lot by Marination getting on and off the foot ferry, fishing on the pier, or just walking on the waterfront trail. We (i.e. the GUE Seattle group) have not had any issues.
I guess it's well harbored unease parking and leaving the vehicle unattended for an hour at a time. I've caught a few breaking into cars in my company parking lot and that has barbed wire and lots of people. I have zero trust for that area. Junkyard, with all its traffic, still gives me about bit of unease.

Definitely a bit of both as divers tend to be good company! Just looking to stay active. I’ve been enjoying diving weekly/ daily and don’t want to just sit on the sidelines. I got certified with uw sports in Olympia in 2018. Got equipment, went a handful of times and just stopped diving in the pnw. I just ordered a dry suit in order to make it a bit more bearable.
Cool.

What part of town are you in or will you be in? For clubs unaffiliated with shops in Seattle proper, Marker Buoy is a good option. There's also some great folks up north a bit (Edmonds/Lynnwood etc) but I'd need to find names as they escape me now.

I guess it's well harbored unease parking and leaving the vehicle unattended for an hour at a time. I've caught a few breaking into cars in my company parking lot and that has barbed wire and lots of people. I have zero trust for that area. Junkyard, with all its traffic, still gives me about bit of unease.
Interesting. Redondo worries me far more than the Alki Coves. But I hear you: It's the sketchy folks cruising by eyeing cars and such that worry me.

The only thing I've ever had stolen at the Coves was a pair of ankle weights, and I'm pretty sure another diver unrelated to our group grabbed them. Maybe by mistake.

Interesting. Redondo worries me far more than the Alki Coves. But I hear you: It's the sketchy folks cruising by eyeing cars and such that worry me.

The only thing I've ever had stolen at the Coves was a pair of ankle weights, and I'm pretty sure another diver unrelated to our group grabbed them. Maybe by mistake.
Redondo concerns me as well but since I'm there so often I don't think about it. The damn druggies smoking pot in the boat trailer parking lot and the heavy inflow of random peeps makes me double check that my cab and canopy are locked. I've had my rinse hose with spray handle stolen while I was down. It only cost me $10 but I was still pissed when I came up and there wasn't a hose at all.

Back
Top Bottom