Polar Bear Day @ CSSP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Who's up for this? I am! Polar Bear Day at CSSP on Jan1st. For some strange reason,I 'm thinking I may need a buddy. I seriously doubt my G/F will be up to freezing her butt off. For info, go to: http://www.clearspringsscubapark.com ...then click Polar Bear Day on the left menu.Anything to get wet,huh?

mardigrastexan once bubbled...
Who's up for this? I am! Polar Bear Day at CSSP on Jan1st. For some strange reason,I 'm thinking I may need a buddy. I seriously doubt my G/F will be up to freezing her butt off. For info, go to: http://www.clearspringsscubapark.com ...then click Polar Bear Day on the left menu.Anything to get wet,huh?

Think I'm gonna pass on this year. 5 hours one way was a long drive for a 45 minute "been there done that got the t-shirt" dive.

Any of the southern swampers got anything planned at Twin Lakes this year?

That party just might be close enough for me to crash...

I'll be there - if you're buddy-less, you're welcome to dive with me and my buddy.

We'll be driving dry, so we'll get the T-Shirt, but no other prizes (Bravest?)

randyjoy once bubbled...
We'll be driving dry, so we'll get the T-Shirt, but no other prizes (Bravest?)

Can you elaborate on this? Last years winner of the longest dive was diving dry...

I was thinking Bravest was the one with the least amount of exposure protection - looked it up on their site, "Bravest" was the longest (which can certainly be done dry, we'll just not stay in that long. I wouldn't mind, but my buddy is a real warm water kind of guy).

I was the longest last year, 1 hour and 50 minutes on a scooter. Come on anybody want to go longer?
I might try 2 hours this year, but its a long way for a T'shirt and stuffed bear.................

Cave Diver once bubbled...
......Any of the southern swampers got anything planned at Twin Lakes this year?

That party just might be close enough for me to crash...

There's already been talk of diving on the 1st. It's a few posts down. We had thought about going to Balmorhea for the long weekend but I think we decided to stay home. So come on out to the lake, Beast will be diving!

I'm planning on going out with my LDS to Clear Springs on the 20th, but I think I'll skip the Polar Bear Dive. I'm not quite THAT enterprising.:eek:

captjohn once bubbled...
I was the longest last year, 1 hour and 50 minutes on a scooter. Come on anybody want to go longer?
I might try 2 hours this year, but its a long way for a T'shirt and stuffed bear.................

I'd consider going for longer, but I'm not terribly interested in getting up at 3 am to drive all the way to CSSP again.

Dee once bubbled...

There's already been talk of diving on the 1st. It's a few posts down. We had thought about going to Balmorhea for the long weekend but I think we decided to stay home. So come on out to the lake, Beast will be diving!

Cool. That definetly sounds like an option. I know there are a couple of us kicking around ideas of what to do/where to dive for New Years, but being in the middle of the week it kind of limits our options.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom