• OxyCheq

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Do-It-Yourself

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Other

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All are fine. The only one I don't like is the OMS. It takes so long before it finally settles on a reading.

I use an old MiniOx, which also works just fine.

Oxycheq - El Cheapo II....works great, less filling

DO you have to hook up the El Cheapo to an LP hose, or can you read right of the tank?

WaterDawg:
DO you have to hook up the El Cheapo to an LP hose, or can you read right of the tank?
I have the connections to hook it up to either a LP hose or a DIN valve.

After all was said and done, I was in it for $200 IIRC.

Thanks, Jeff. I use the Amoxtec at work and have also used the Abyss and I like the fact that you can sniff right from the tank. Seems like after the dust settles The Amoxtec might be the more financially wise choice for me.

The best Nitrox analyzer for a new Nitrox diver is the one at the dive shop where you get your Nitrox fills. Simply analyze your tanks there when you pick them up. I've never seen a shop not let you use theirs. Write the percent o2 on the tank on a piece of tape.

The best one I've ever used is my home built because I built it the way I wanted to in a water proof case. They're easy to build and every bit as reliable as any name brand unit at 1/3 the price.

My DIY site

mike_s:
The best Nitrox analyzer for a new Nitrox diver is the one at the dive shop where you get your Nitrox fills. Simply analyze your tanks there when you pick them up. I've never seen a shop not let you use theirs. Write the percent o2 on the tank on a piece of tape.
Who fills up their tanks at a shop :wink:

mike_s:
The best Nitrox analyzer for a new Nitrox diver is the one at the dive shop where you get your Nitrox fills. Simply analyze your tanks there when you pick them up.

Good point however I am a control freak and love the idea of multiple o2 meters analyzing the same mix as a 'check-and-balance'. Just an additional safety measure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom